Wednesday, May 23, 2018

NB2 23/5/18


partner1 /ˈpɑːtnə $ ˈpɑːrtnər/ ●●● S2 W2 AWL noun [countable] 
1 MARRIAGE ETC one of two people who are married, or who live together and have a sexual relationship → husband, wife


jealous /ˈdʒeləs/ UK  US  adjetivo
1 envidioso -a
to be jealous of sth tener envidia de algo, envidiar algo
to be jealous of sb tenerle envidia a alguien

2 celoso -a
He  gets jealous  if I go out with my friends.
Se pone celoso si salgo con mis amigos.

Ex. 2
 Anniversary + together, pregnant + baby, married +wedding, a date+ asked me out, divorced+jealous, saved+move, broken up+getting on, in-laws+ approve

My brother got divorced last year and he will get married the next (one /year).
Two moths ago my best friend broke up his relationship with his partner. They were together for 4 years. They lived together and she moved to another house and he has payed the rent of the flat.
I have a friend who is pregnant but nobody knows it, only her husband, my wife and I. I hope everything is ok / goes well in the end.
My friend Josue says that one out of / in five couples will get divorced in the future, and he’s thinking about which  of our friends will be the first.

Marry me – she married him
She got married

marry /ˈmæri/ UK  US  verbo (-rries, -rried)
1  [intransitivo] casarse
2 to marry sb
 (a)  casarse con alguien

p. 143
ex. 6
move in
annoying
she wanted kids and he didn’t
from her French class.
Ex. 7


No comments: