Thursday, April 12, 2018

NI2 12/4/18

p. 63
I’m going to / will call her after / when / the moment /before I’ve had /have dinner.
After / when / the moment /before I’ve had /have dinner, I’m going to / will call her.

As soon as I get home, I’ll put on my pyjamas.
I’ll put on my pyjamas as soon as I get home.


pyjamas BrE, pajamas AmE /pəˈdʒɑːməz / UK  US  sustantivo plural
pijama
a pair of pyjamas
un pijama

If I study hard, I’ll go to university
I’ll go to university If I study hard
If I will study hard, I go to university

party /ˈpɑːti/ UK  US  sustantivo (plural -ties)
1 fiesta
to have/give a party hacer una fiesta, dar una fiesta

either /ˈaɪðə, AmE ˈiːðər/ UK  US  conjunción, adjetivo, pronombre &  adverbio
 •  conjunción
either... or...
 (a)  (en afirmaciones) o... o...
Either he leaves or I do!
¡O se va él o me voy yo!
 (b)  (en negaciones) ni... ni...
She hasn't been to either Rome or Florence.
No ha estado ni en Roma ni en Florencia.


neither /ˈnaɪðə, AmE ˈniːðər/
1 neither... nor... ni... ni...
Neither his mother nor his father spoke English.
Ni su madre ni su padre hablaban inglés.

produce1 /prəˈdjuːs/ UK  US  verbo [transitivo]
1  producir [trigo, petróleo, vino, etc.]
2  causar, producir [una reacción, un efecto]
3  dar [un resultado]
4  sacar [un revólver, una carta, etc.]
5  presentar [pruebas] If you don’t produce a doctor’s certificate, we…
6 (en cine, TV) producir

be/have something to do with sth
informal
C1 to be related to something or a cause of something but not in a way that you know about or understand exactly:
I'm not sure what he does exactly - it's something to do with finance.
It might have something to do with the way it's made.

debt /det/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 deuda
to be in debt estar endeudado -a, tener deudas
to be £100/£1,000 etc in debt deber 100/1.000 etc libras
2 to be in sb's debt estar en deuda con alguien

Homework: read the text on page 67.


Let’s call it a day

No comments: