Thursday, April 19, 2018

NI1 19/4/18

p. 66
ex. 5b
Olivia
Yes, unsure about the marks
Tomorrow by post
She has no plans / doesn’t have plans until she gets the results
Cambridge university
Do another year at school and take the exams again
Tomasz
Yes, quite optimistic
2 weeks time by post
Go out for dinner with his girlfriend
An air traffic controller
Carry on studying and take the exam again

unsure /ʌnˈʆʊə/ UK  US  adjetivo
1  inseguro -a, indeciso -a
We were unsure which road to take
No estábamos seguros de qué camino tomar.
to be unsure about/of sth no estar seguro -a de algo

ex. 5c
they won’t give me the place unless I get at least 3 As
When the post comes I’ll take the letter...
Until I get the results.
, my parents will kill me.
As soon as I can.

Ex. 5d
O-
A chemistry and biology
B Physics
C maths
Not really good enough, try another university / retake the exams.
T-
7. really pleased
Booked in their favourite restaurant. He is looking forward to it.

I’ll go to the meeting if I don’t have to see a client.
I’ll go to the meeting unless I have to see a client.
If I don’t have to see a client, I’ll go to the meeting


Homework: grammar bank, p. 144 /A a and b + p. 66 /67 reading activity, ex 6

No comments: