Wednesday, February 07, 2018

NB1 7/2/18



p.26

take-away food
white coffee

clock /klɒk/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 reloj [de pie, de pared, etc.]
the kitchen/church etc clock el reloj de la cocina/iglesia etc
watch (de mano)
January -> February

p. 26 / 157

ex. 1
It’s nine o’clock

Excuse me,
What’s the time? / What time is it? / Can you tell me the time, please?

weather /ˈweðə/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 tiempo
What's the weather like?
¿Qué tiempo hace?

It’s four o’clock
It’s five (minutes) past four
It’s a quarter past four
It’s twenty-five past four
It’s half past four
It’s a quarter to five
It’s seven minutes to five



chance /tʆɑːns/ UK  US  sustantivo, verbo &  adjetivo
 •  sustantivo
1 posibilidad
there's a chance (that) es posible que, cabe la posibilidad de que
There's a good chance that someone saw the robber.
Es muy posible que alguien haya visto al asaltante.
not to have/stand a chance no tener ninguna posibilidad
2 oportunidad
I'll explain if you'll give me the chance.
Si me das la oportunidad, te lo explicaré.

p.25
Something stupid:

Dance, chance, two, you, eyes, lies, night, right, day, say, wait, late, head, red, blue, you.

p. 26
Call me Jenny
Am I late? Just a little. The traffic is terrible.
Breakfast isn’t great. I like real coffee, not hotel coffee.
The office is very near.

Ex. 6
T, F, T, T, F, T

Homework: p. 26-27, ex. A, B y C


No comments: