Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Nb2 7/2/18


p. 83, ex. 8
have you seen, I have forgotten, someone has taken, have you done, I’ve broken, our bags haven’t arrived, we’ve missed, has Martin gone, has anyone called.

I need to go to the toilet / loo.

I have a pee / poo.

I have a leak.
I have to take a shit.


vase /vɑːz,, AmE veɪs, veɪz/ UK  US  sustantivo
florero

ˌabsent-ˈminded UK  US  adjetivo
distraído -a, despistado -a

p. 84
It was very scary  / I was very scared when an earthquake hit my town, Mula, in 1999.


throw /θrəʊ/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
 •  verbo (pasado threw, participio thrown)
1  [transitivo/intransitivo] tirar, lanzar
The crowd began throwing bottles.
La muchedumbre empezó a tirar botellas.

Stand – stood

Nephew – niece

Laugh(ed)

couple /ˈkʌpəl/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
 •  sustantivo
1 par
Could you bring  a couple more  chairs?
¿Puedes traer un par de sillas más?
2 a couple of un par de, unos -as
I'll only be a couple of minutes.
Vuelvo en un par de minutos.
3 pareja
a married couple un matrimonio

Homework: reading activity, p. 84, ex. 5, 6 and 8

Unforgettable

alone
brother-in-law
subject
the surroundings


No comments: