Thursday, February 15, 2018

NI2 15/2/18

would've /ˈwʊdəv/ UK  US   contracción de would have

ˌbrand-ˈnew ●●○ adjective  new and not yet used a brand-new car His clothes looked brand-new.

p. 121
ex. 10

If I had worn something lighter, I wouldn’t have been so hot.
If he hadn’t driven so fast in the rain, he wouldn’t have had an accident.
If he had read the instructions more carefully, he would have known how to use the phone.
If we had booked the tickets in advance, we would have gone to the concert. ... / we would’ve been closer to the stage.
If they hadn’t left him on his own at home, he wouldn’t have broken those things.
If I hadn’t been in a hurry, I wouldn’t have left the bag hanging from the back of my seat.


torch /tɔːtʆ/ UK  US  sustantivo (plural -ches)
1  BrE linterna
2 antorcha

Diet coke


Mixed Conditional Patterns
PAST
PRESENT
Examples:
  • If I had won the lottery, I would be rich.
    But I didn't win the lottery in the past and I am not rich now.
  • If I had taken French in high school, I would have more job opportunities. 


Been or Gone?

Been is the past participle of be.
Gone is the past participle of go.

Use been to describe completed visits. If you have visited a place on holiday and then returned you have been there. If someone visits a place but has not come home they have gone there.
She's been to India on holiday three times.
She's gone to Moscow, she will be back next week.
When you ask someone about their past experiences use been.
You smell of beer! Have you been drinking?
Have you ever been to Paris?
Note: In British English 'been and gone' is an expression which means someone/something came along and then left.
Has John arrived yet?
He's been and gone. He was here but he had to leave suddenly.
What time does the postman usually come?
He's been and gone. There was no post for you today.


If I had arrived earlier at the bus station, I wouldn’t have missed the bus.

blame /bleɪm/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
 •  verbo [transitivo]
1 echarle la culpa a, culpar
They tried to  blame everything  on  Joey.
Quisieron echarle la culpa de todo a Joey.
You shouldn't  blame yourself  for what happened.
No deberías culparte por lo que pasó.
to be to blame (for sth) ser responsable (de algo), tener la culpa (de algo)
2 I don't blame you/him etc te/le etc entiendo perfectamente, no te/le etc culpo
 •  sustantivo
culpa, responsabilidad
I always  get the blame.
Siempre me echan la culpa a mí.
to take the blame (for sth) cargar con la culpa (de algo), asumir la responsabilidad (de algo)

fault /fɔːlt/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
  sustantivo
1 to be sb's fault ser culpa de alguien
It's all Martin's fault.
Todo es culpa de Martin.


p.121
ex.12
blame, should, my, taken, have, yours, been, fault, should, blame, had, have, fault


p.34
An early night
if you have an early night, you go to bed earlier than usual OPP a late night
have/get an early night
- I think I’ll get an early night.

ˈlie-in noun [singular] 
British English an occasion when you stay in bed longer than usual in the morning
- I always have a lie-in on a Sunday.


Go for a ride

assemble /əˈsembəl/ UK  US  verbo
1  [intransitivo] reunirse, juntarse
2  [transitivo] reunir, juntar

3  [transitivo] armar, montar

No comments: