Tuesday, February 20, 2018

NI2 20/2/18


p. 34

ex. 4

bake /beɪk/ UK  US  verbo
1  [intransitivo] hacer pan, pasteles, etc.
2  [transitivo] hacer [pan, pasteles, etc.], hornear

Theatre play, 2- 3 times a month
Go sailing, not very often,

Ex. 5
No
I hardly ever go
Boiling, suntan
All the time, not very often get the chance
Until 2.30
I play cards sometimes

p. 35
ex. 8
nearly every day, not as much as we used to, all the time, quite a lot, not that often, actually, hardly ever, whenever I get the chance, not as much as I would like to.

I used to play basket all the time when I was young. Now I don’t play as much as I would like to, in fact, I hardly ever play.

I do exercise nearly every day, I do calysthenics, go running and go swimming. Basically, I exercise whenever I get the chance.

I haven’t painted since I lost my job in LTdC.
resume /rɪˈzjuːm $ rɪˈzuːm/ ●●○ verb formal 
1 [transitive] to start doing something again after stopping or being interrupted
- She hopes to resume work after the baby is born.
- The rebels have resumed hostilities against government troops.
resume doing something
- He will resume training as soon as the injury is better.


summarize (also summarise British English) /ˈsʌməraɪz/ ●○○ AWL verb [intransitive, transitive] 
to make a short statement giving only the main information and not the details of a plan, event, report etc SYN sum up
- The authors summarize their views in the introduction.
to summarize
- To summarize, in most cases the schools were achieving the standards set.

good at (doing) something 
Alex is very good at languages. 
She’s good at making things.

Ex. 11 + 12

1- b  No, I’m useless / Yeah, quite good.
2- c No, not really  / No, I’m useless
3- d  Yeah, quite good / No, I’m useless.
4- a No, I’m useless / I’m OK

Skip rope

p. 36

injure /ˈɪndʒə/ UK  US  verbo [transitivo]
herir, lesionar
Two people were injured in the accident.
Dos personas resultaron heridas en el accidente.
She injured her knee.
Se lesionó la rodilla.
to injure yourself lesionarse, hacerse daño

ex.5

banged, broke, pulled, unfit, stiff, injured, confidence, injury.

No comments: