Tuesday, January 23, 2018

NI2 23/1/18







p. 116
guess /ges/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
  verbo [transitivo/intransitivo] (3ª persona singular del presente -sses)
1 adivinar
You have to guess the weight of the cake.
Tienes que adivinar el peso del pastel.
I'd guess that he's about 50.
Diría que tiene alrededor de 50.
You'll never guess who I've just seen.
A que no te imaginas a quién acabo de ver.
guess what! ¿sabes qué?
Guess what! Jane's getting married!
¿Sabes una cosa? ¡Jane se casa!

to guess right adivinar, acertar

to guess wrong equivocarse

I guess so/not supongo que sí/no, me imagino que sí/no
to take/make a guess tratar de adivinar


penknife /ˈpen-naɪf/ UK  US  sustantivo (plural -knives)
navaja


harbour BrE, harbor AmE /ˈhɑːbə/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
 •  sustantivo
puerto [o bahía resguardada que sirve de fondeadero]


deck /dek/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 cubierta [de un barco]

bend /bend/ UK  US
 •  sustantivo
Curva

platform /ˈplætfɔːm/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 (en una estación de trenes) andén

land ●●● S2 W3 verb 
1 PLANE/BIRD/INSECT
a) [intransitive] if a plane, bird, or insect lands, it moves safely down onto the ground
OPP take off
- Flight 846 landed five minutes ago.
- The bird landed gracefully on the water.

a flat tyre (=one which the air has come out of)
I had a flat tyre and had to walk home.

come over phrasal verb
1
a) if someone comes over, they visit you at your house
 Do you want to come over on Friday evening?
b) if someone comes over, they come to the country where you are
to/from
- When did your family first come over to America?


crossing /ˈkrɒsɪŋ/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 (lugar para cruzar) cruce
 ▶  ver también pedestrian crossing, zebra crossing
2 (intersección) cruce
3 (viaje por mar) travesía

overtake /ˌəʊvəˈteɪk/ UK  US  verbo (pasado -took, participio -taken)
1  [transitivo/intransitivo] adelantar [un vehículo a otro]

Past perfect:

I found the keys that I had lost the previous week.

The house was dirty because there had been a party the night before.

Ex. 5

1) plane
Almost missed the flight
Long queue at checking desk and security
Storm
2) car
Dark and pour down
Lost driving in circles
Someone drove straight accross me

Ex. 6
Thanks for picking us up
It’s a relief (alivio) to finally be here
Everything that could go wrong did
We only just caught the flight
We hit a storm
I don’t want to go through that again

I’m starting to worry
How come? = why?
Took the wrong turning
I couldn’t work out where I was (hacerme una idea de donde estaba)
I had to brake to avoid hitting him


dreadful /ˈdredfəl/ UK  US  adjetivo
1  espantoso -a, horroroso -a
She looks dreadful in that dress.
Está espantosa con ese vestido.


sweat /swet/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
  verbo
1  [intransitivo] sudar, transpirar


set off phrasal verb
1 to start to go somewhere
- I’ll set off early to avoid the traffic.
for
- Jerry and I set off on foot for the beach.

p.117
how come

Homework: ex. 8





No comments: