Monday, January 15, 2018

NB1 15/1/18

machine /məˈʆiːn/ UK  US  sustantivo
máquina

p.21

bicycle - bike
cycle
ride a bike / horse

suffocating /ˈsʌfəkeɪtɪŋ/ UK  US  adjetivo
 asfixiante, sofocante

only

Summer and other things I love??? about Murcia
Walking
Spain isn’t a good place for cyclits but for pedestrians it is normal. Whe you walk walk on a zebra crossing some drivers stop.
Banks
Banks in Murcia are bad. You don’t do everything online and you can’t pay when you don’t have money. There aren’t enough ATMs and when you take out money they charge a comission.
Drivers
Spanish drivers are only polite with women, with men they hoot and say insults.
Chemists
In Spain there are a lot of chemists and they are completely different from UK chemists. The shop assistant gives away presents.
ID cards
In Spain we have the identity card and in Britain they don’t.
Summers
I hate Spanish summers because it is very, very hot. A good summer day in Spain is very hot. We have a lot of sun and it is suffocating.
Starbucks
Starbucks in Spain is nice. They offer good coffee, a newspaper and magazines and wi-fi. They are expansive. Usually, in Spain, there are very few Starbucks.

Por qué ...   Why
Why are you happy?

Porque ... because
Because I’m with you

Bless you!-> salud

I’m Spanish – I’m not Spanish
I can run fast – I can’t run fast
I live in Spain – I don’t live in Spain
She likes football – She doesn’t like football.


p.129

She goes to the cinema
He lives in a flat
They have 2 children
I don’t like cats
The supermarket closes at 5.30
My sister doesn’t study French
My husband does housework
My son wants a guitar
My friend doesn’t work on Saturdays
Our lesson finishes at 6 o’clock

Doesn’t work, reads, speak, don’t play, wears, listen, don’t eat fast food, has

p. 22

conductor de taxi-> taxi driver
actor-> actor
recepcionista-> receptionist
profesor-> teacher
camarero-> waiter


administrator /ədˈmɪnɪstreɪtə/ UK  US  sustantivo
administrador -a

builder /ˈbɪldə/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 albañil
2 constructor -a, contratista


Police officer

No comments: