Wednesday, January 17, 2018

NB2 17/1/18

palace /ˈpælɪs/ UK  US  sustantivo
palacio

p. 81
Asian food
It’s disgusting

yucky /ˈjʌki/ adjective informal 
extremely unpleasant
- The food was yucky.

You should watch the TV series La peste.
Don’t watch it with children.

ma'am /mæm, mɑːm, məm $ mæm/ noun 
1 American English spoken used to address a woman in a polite and respectful way
 May I help you, ma'am?
2 British English spoken used to address the Queen or another woman in authority

Pride and prejudice


should /ʆəd, acentuado ʆʊd/ UK  US  verbo [modal] (negativo shouldn't, o, más formal, should not)

should

1 Para expresar que algo es aconsejable o deseable:
You should ask for advice.
 Deberías pedir consejo.
You should eat Thai food.

Don’t eat Thai food, it’s very spicy.

p.82

mess /mes/ UK  US  
 sustantivo
1 desorden
Sorry about the mess.
Perdona el desorden.
My hair is a mess!
¡Tengo el pelo hecho un desastre!
to be in a mess estar hecho -a un desastre, estar manga por hombro [casa, habitación, etc.]

to make a mess of sth
 (a)  ensuciar algo

hurt /hɜːt/ UK  US  verbo &  adjetivo
 •  verbo (pasado & participio hurt)
1  [intransitivo] doler
My head hurts.
Me duele la cabeza.
2  [transitivo] hacer daño, lastimar
I've hurt my hand.
Me he hecho daño en la mano.
Someone will  get hurt.
Alguien se va a lastimar.

to hurt yourself hacerse daño


clumsy /ˈklʌmzi/ UK  US  adjetivo (-sier, -siest)
1  torpe

hammer /ˈhæmə/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
 •  sustantivo
martillo

these things happen
I guess I left it at home
Wash it under the cold water

Ex. 5

Jacket pocket, the sink, my son, my trousers, I filled, the pocket, my hand, a plaster, wrong way, turn right.

Throw, threw, thrown


Steri-strips

No comments: