Wednesday, January 17, 2018

NB1 17/1/18

Parts of the exam:

CE (Reading)
CO (Listening)
EE (Writing)

EO (Speaking)
50 %


p. 154

What’s your job? / What do you do?
I’m A teacher / AN architect.

I’m unemployed / retired.

I work for IBM / GM / Zara...
I work in a shop / an office / a restaurant / a hotel / the town hall...
I’m at school / high school / secondary school / college / university...


electrician /ɪlekˈtrɪʆən/ UK  US  sustantivo
electricista

civil guard
national police

carpenter /ˈkɑːpɪntə/ UK  US  sustantivo
carpintero -a


ˌcivil ˈservant UK  US  sustantivo
funcionario -a (público -a)

I work for the scientific police in Valencia. I work in the lab.

I work in the Town Hall. I work for the city council in Mula.

I’m a housewife / househusband.

dam /dæm/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
 •  sustantivo
dique, presa

I’m a civil servant. I’m an electrician. I work in a dam.

I study English at the Language School.

p. 22


ˈgame show UK  US  sustantivo
programa concurso [en TV]

team /tiːm/ UK  US  sustantivo & verbo
  sustantivo
equipo
a football team
un equipo de fútbol

She’s Emilio’s wife.
She’s his wife

He’s Lola’s husband.
He’s her husband.

That is Monica’s car.

foreign /ˈfɒrɪn/ UK  US  adjetivo
1  extranjero -a
foreign languages
idiomas extranjeros

flight attendant

stewardess /ˈstjuːədes/ UK  US  sustantivo (plural -sses)
azafata
 ▶ Actualmente se prefiere el término flight attendant, que se usa tanto para hombres como para mujeres


steward /ˈstjuːəd/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 camarero [en un barco]
2 auxiliar de vuelo [hombre]
 ▶ Actualmente se prefiere el término flight attendant, que se usa tanto para hombres como para mujeres

3 (en una carrera automovilística) comisario -a

No comments: