Thursday, January 11, 2018

NI2 11/1/18

p. 109

I used to / would  eat / ate in that restaurant

I used to / would live / lived in that appartment.

We didn’t used to eat that type of food.

Ex. 9
Be, was, would, would, had.
To, was, stayed, go, went, spent.

p.151
ex. 7
had, wasn’t, were, were, didn’t, were, hadn’t, was.
Ex.8
3, 5, 6, 4, 2, 1, 8, 7

p.153
ex. 6

EMPHATIC DO

*used to emphasize the main verb in a sentence
- Do be careful.
- You do look nice in that hat.
- I do think she’s behaved badly.
- ‘You should have warned me.’ ‘But I did warn you.’
- He owns, or did own (=emphasizing past tense), a yacht.
* spoken used when politely offering someone something
 Do have another sandwich.

EX. 6
ellipsis /ɪˈlɪpsɪs/ noun (plural ellipses /-siːz/) technical 
1 [countable, uncountable] when words are deliberately left out of a sentence, though the meaning can still be understood. For example, you may say ‘He’s leaving but I’m not’ instead of saying ‘He’s leaving but I’m not leaving’.

Have you, I, I hope this, I will, I need to.

Ex. 7
... and arrived in...
... and burn some...
... or taking time of...
... or bring a present...
... and Pisa on...
... on Thursday or work...
... and the acting...
... or some of the songs...

p. 110

fall out phrasal verb
1 to have a quarrel
with

- Carrie’s always falling out with people.

No comments: