Tuesday, January 23, 2018

NI1 23/1/18

p. 34


failure /ˈfeɪljə/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 fracaso
The project was a failure.
El proyecto era un  fracaso.

Past simple pronunciation:

/id/ wanted, included, invited, started,

/d/ discovered, suffered, learned, tried, happened, joined,

/t/ booked,

p. 138

homework: grammarbank 4B a and b, p. 138

p. 35


effort /ˈefət/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 esfuerzo
to put a lot of effort into sth esforzarse mucho en algo
I put a lot of effort into organizing the party.
Me esforcé mucho en la organización de la fiesta.
3 to make an effort to do sth hacer un esfuerzo por/para hacer algo

ˈsign ˌlanguage UK  US  sustantivo
lenguaje de signos, señas
We had to use sign language to communicate.
Tuvimos que comunicarnos por señas.

bungee jumping /ˈbʌndʒi ˌdʒʌmpɪŋ/ sustantivo
goming, benji

Play THE piano, the violin, the guitar...

Play football, basket, tennis, chess...

Go running, swimming, climbing...

Do yoga, karate, bungee jumping...

Being able to swim is very important for a little kid.
I’ll be able to swim before the summer.
I’d be able to swim with a little help.
I could be able to speak English if I travelled to the UK.
I’ve been able to finish the race.
I want to be able to help.

p. 36

ˈsoft drink UK  US  sustantivo
refresco

The film was boring

The audience were bored

No comments: