Thursday, January 11, 2018

NI1 11/1/18

Grammar review test of units 1 and 2


hostel /ˈhɒstl/ UK  US  sustantivo
albergue

1Aa
I’m doing, do you come, do you have, it depends, do you know, do you mean, I’mm getting ready, are you living, I’m staying, do you do, want.
1Ab
I’m buying, don’t like, depends, gets, do, sounds, do you have to, have, doesn’t work, meet, do you want, need, is staying.

PS.- permanent situations, repeated actions, non- action verbs, with words like: usually, normally, always...

depend /dɪˈpend/ UK  US  verbo
it/that depends depende
"Are you going on Thursday?" "Well, it depends."
–¿Vas a ir el jueves? –Bueno, depende.
depend on/upon sth phrasal verb
1  depender de algo
The island depends on tourism.
La isla depende del turismo.
2  confiar en algo
 depend on/upon sb phrasal verb
1  depender de alguien
She  depends on  her daughter  for  transport.
Depende de su hija para moverse.
2  confiar en alguien, contar con alguien

1Ba
Are getting married, I’m going to look for, I’m going to have, I’m going to be, he’s going to, I won’t, I’ll check, she’s going to pass, are going, shall I turn, won’t, I’m to introduce, I’m going, you’ll finish.

 2Aa
I’ve been, did you go, finished, I’ve been, did you go, went.

2Ab
Had, did you meet, was, went, we’ve known, got, were you, I’ve just met, have you taught, taught, I’ve just, have you been, was, started, haven’t finished.
M.A. /em ˈeɪ/ UK  US  sustantivo (= Master of Arts)
 título obtenido al completar un máster en Humanidades

2Ba
She’s been playing, hasn’t been feeling, you’ve been looking, have you been doing, Tim’s been reading.

2Bb

Have you been working, I’ve been working here for, have you been going out, we’ve been going out since, has Penny been, she’s been single since, have you had, I’ve had it for, has Pete been trying, he’s been trying since, has your sister been wanting, she’s been wanting to be a doctor since, have you known, I’ve known him for.

No comments: