Wednesday, May 08, 2019

B2.2 8/5/19

Writing activities left
p.125-> covering letter (E) (The PLAN section is very important)
p. 137-> a letter of opinion (F) (The PLAN section is very important)

caus‧a‧tive /ˈkɔːzətɪv/

p. 110
HAVE / GET STH DONE
I hope to have the tax return completed by my bank director next week.
I had my hair cut last week.
I had my car washed last Saturday.
I had the make-up done for the wedding.
I will have my room painted tomorrow.
I will have a massage given by my physiotherapist.
I’ll have new brakes installed next Friday.
I would have had my house cleaned if the company had found a person.

S1->An short way of typing someone
S1 help me choose my next insta

HAVE S1 DO STH
I had my sister bring some gloves for my daughter.
I had a hairdresser cut my hair.
I will have a painter paint my room tomorrow.

GET S1 TO DO STH
I got my sister to bring some gloves for my daughter.
I got a hairdresser to cut my hair yesterday.
I will get a painter to paint my room tomorrow.

Dye, dyed, dyed

be out of your depth
a) to be involved in a situation or activity that is too difficult for you to understand or deal with
- I felt completely out of my depth at the meeting.

Homework p. 107, ex. C

I stopped to drink water.
I stopped drinking water.

Cuando los verbos "forget", "regret" y "remember" van seguidos por un "gerund", este hace referencia a una acción que ocurrió en un tiempo anterior al del verbo principal. El "gerund" podría sustituirse por el "present perfect participle" en estas oraciones para que la secuencia de eventos resultase más explícita. "Forget" se emplea frecuentemente con "never" en "simple future".

EJEMPLOS

I remember locking the door. = I remember having locked the door.
He regretted speaking so rudely. = He regretted having spoken so rudely.
I don't remember losing my glasses. = I don't remember having lost my glasses.
I will never forget meeting my boss for the first time.
Cuando estos verbos van seguidos por un infinitivo, este hace referencia a una acción que ocurre a la vez o después que la expresada por el verbo principal.

EJEMPLOS

This morning I remembered to lock the door. (= el recuerdo es anterior a la acción de cerrar con llave)
Do not forget to buy some eggs. (= no olvidar es anterior a la acción de comprar huevos)
I forgot to bring my books to school. (= olvidar es anterior a la acción de no traer los libros)

We regret to announce the late arrival of the 12.45 from Paddington. (= lamentarlo es anterior a la acción de anunciarlo).

No comments: