Thursday, May 09, 2019

A2 8-9/5/19

Make every moment count

p. 71, ex. 3
I think the metro is cheaper than the underground.

I think the underground is more expensive than the metro.

I think the weather in Paris (=it) is warmer / hotter /colder than in London.

I think the weather is warmer than wetter in Paris.

I think it’s warmer in Paris

I think the weather in London is wetter than in Paris.

I think the buildings in Paris are more beautiful / more interesting / better than the buildings in London.

I think the buildings in London are higher /more modern than the buildings in Paris.

I think the people in London are nicer /more polite / friendlier than the people in Paris.

I think the people are better driving in London than in Paris.

I think the people are more polite in London.

Londoners – Parisians

less (...) than
- Tickets were less expensive than I had expected.
Much less expensive

As… as
The people in Paris are as polite as in London.

This car is much smaller.
This car is much more expensive.


p. 73 ex. 1

$7,000-> seven thousand dollars.
$7,000,000-> seven million dollars.
$7,000,000,000-> seven billion dollars.
billion /ˈbɪljən/ ●●● W2 number (plural billion or billions)   
1 the number 1,000,000,000
- The final cost could be as much as one billion dollars

hec‧tare /ˈhektɑː/
amazing
cool

Friendly (adj.)
He is a friendly guy.
He’s friendlier than me.
He’s the friendliest person.
Quietly (adv.)
He speaks quietly
He speaks more quietly than me.
He speaks the most quietly.

a tough guy
ex. 2
We need a longer break (one).




p. 78
IN-> my car, bed, a café, my office, town, the pub, the kitchen, a meeting.
ON-> my way home, holiday, the train, the bus
AT-> a party, work, home, the airport, school, university, the bus stop, Jenny’s house.

Big vehicles ON
Cities IN
Buildings AT
Rooms IN
Exact places AT

I’m working ON my laptop
Taxi stop / stand
queue /kjuː/

PC-> personal computer
Laptop
 Thighs

Expats

Present continuous

I’m reading a book.
I’m not reading a book.
Are you reading a book?
What are you reading?

Travel-> travelling
Refer-> referring (acaba en R y acento en segunda sílaba)

Present

Present simple: (general truths + routines + permanent things)
I live in Murcia.
I like music.
I get up at 7.

Present continuous: (things you are doing now + temporary things)
I’m living with a friend at the moment.
I’m listening to the radio

Futuro

Present continuous: (plan hecho->100%)
I’m taking a plane to London tomorrow at 7.

Going to (p. 142): (plan 80%)
I’m going to see my sister next week.
I’m not going to see my sister next week.
Are you going to see your sister next week?
When are you going to see your sister?

Will: (intención 50% – decisión tomada en el momento)
I’ll (will) go to the cinema tonight.
She’ll come soon.
They’ll call us later.
You’ll see her tomorrow.
I won’t (will+not) go to the cinema tonight.
They won’t come soon.
Will you go to the cinema tonight?
Will it rain tomorrow?
When will you go to the cinema?



Homework: p. 79 (practice), 1 and 2 + p. 80, ex. 3 and 4.

No comments: