Saturday, May 25, 2019

A2 22-23/5/19



Mediation activity: healthy habits
This is a paper with information from a hospital. They offer /explain /show healthy habits.
It says that physical activity is very important. A dynamic lifestyle is very good for us.
Keep an active and healthy lifestyle every day.  
You should Keep an active and healthy lifestyle every day. 
You need to Keep an active and healthy lifestyle every day. 
You have to Keep an active and healthy lifestyle every day. 
You must Keep an active and healthy lifestyle every day. 
From 3 to 5 days a week it’s important to have fun and do exercise that make you strong / are good for your muscles / with weights.
From 2 to 3 days a week it’s important to have fun and do exercise that is fun and good for your heart.
Don’t watch a lot of TV.
You shouldn’t watch a lot of TV.
You mustn’t watch a lot of TV.

The weather (p. 92)

What’s the weather like?
Adjectives we can use to talk about the weather->
It’s…
Cooler, wet and windy, cool and cloudy, warmer, cloudy and showery, hot and sunny, cool and cloudy, hot and stormy.
It’s a / What a lovely day ≠ It’s a / What a awful (horrible / terrible) day

Extra photocopies for the exam
8B-> A Flat to rent
Where is it? It’s on the 1st floor on a quiet residential area.
Is there / has it got /does it have any furniture?
Yes, there’s is / it has / it has got a table, two sofas …
Yes, there are two sofas, a table …
How many bedrooms does it has / has it got / are there? There are / It has / / it has got two large …
Is there / has it got /does it have a TV?
Yes, there is / No there isn’t.
Yes, it has / No, it hasn’t.
Is there / has it got /does it have wi-fi /ˈwaɪ faɪ/?
Yes, there is / No there isn’t.
Yes, it has / No, it hasn’t.
How far is it from the shops and public transport? It’s five minutes from the shops.
How much is the rent? It’s 900€ a month.


9B-> How much / many?
How much time do you spend a day watching TV?
(I spend) 2 or 3 hours a day / I don’t watch TV.
How many people in your family speak English?
Nobody / Only me // My son /daughter /children // Two people / Everybody.

9C-> Comparatives
The Americans are taller / smaller / funnier / bigger / more intelligent than the British.

10B-> Future plans
Are you going to buy anything tomorrow?
Yes, I am / No, I’m not.
Where are you going to go?
I’m going to go to the supermarket.

12B-> have you ever…?
Have you ever eaten with chopsticks?
Yes, I have / No, I haven’t.
Where was it?
(It was) in a Chinese restaurant.
Did you find it difficult?
Yes, I did / No, I didn’t.
Did the other people (that you were with) use them?
Yes, they did /No, they didn’t.

12C-> Revision questions
What’s your name? My name’s…
Do you like your name? Yes, I do / No, I don’t.
How do you spell your surname? It’s P, E, T, E, R
Do you have a big family?  Yes, I do / No, I don’t.
What’s you email address? It’s 12, Pio Baroja street / avenue.
What do you do? I’m a carpenter / an artist.
Why do you need English? Because I like it / Because I need it at work / Because I like travelling.

No comments: