Monday, November 19, 2018

B2.2 19/11/18

P. 24
Cheeky
cater for somebody/something (also cater to somebody/something) phrasal verb
to provide a particular group of people with the things they need or want
 an LA bank catering to Asian businesses
 Vegetarians are well catered for.
 Most perfume ads cater to male fantasies
bored out of (one's) mind
Extremely bored to the point of distraction, frustration, or irritation. -I was bored out of my mind listening to that lecture this afternoon.
p.25
catch somebody red-handed
to catch someone at the moment when they are doing something wrong
- Earl was caught red-handed taking the money.

co‧op‧e‧rate (also co-operate British English) /kəʊˈɒpəreɪt/
I thought I’d be absent from the EOI today at the last moment I was able to come.
Cheat sheet

p. 26: grammar
ain’t /eɪnt/   
a short form of ‘am not’, ‘is not’, ‘are not’, ‘has not’, or ‘have not’, that many people think is incorrect


Homework: grammar p. 26

No comments: