Wednesday, November 21, 2018

B2.2 21/11/18

p.26
toast /təʊst $ toʊst/ ●●○ S3 noun   
toast [uncountable] bread that has been heated so that it is brown on both sides and no longer soft
- I had a piece of toast for breakfast.

GRAMMAR: Comparison
advice
• You give someone some advice:
My father gave me some good advice.
Don’t say: some advices Advice is an uncountable noun and cannot be used in the plural.
• You give someone a piece of advice:
My father gave me a piece of good advice.
Don’t say: an advice
tip
• You give someone a tip:
My father gave me a good tip.
• Tip is a countable noun and can be used in the plural:
I got some good tips.
advise
• Don’t confuse the noun advice /ədˈvaɪs/ with the verb advise /ədˈvaɪz/. You say:
Can you advise me?
Don’t say: Can you advice me?

Because of the rain I was dragged into a very bad traffic.

p. 27
a good sport
someone who does not get angry when they lose at a game or sport

hands-on
1 : relating to, being, or providing direct practical experience in the operation or functioning of something
hands-on training


Homework: p. 28-29 (Writing)

No comments: