Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A2 26-27/11/18

p. 18 ex. 1
5 a.m., in the house, by bus, 4 p.m., the classes at 5 p.m., likes, speaks, wants.
 /ˈvɪlɪdʒ/ /ˈpraɪvət/
Ex. 2
ru‧pee /ruːˈpiː/
ex. 4
poor /pɔː $ pʊr/
I want TO eat a tuna salad / have lunch / dance with you.

I don’t have money.
I have no money.

ain’t /eɪnt/   
a short form of ‘am not’, ‘is not’, ‘are not’, ‘has not’, or ‘have not’, that many people think is incorrect

I really must do the washing (=wash the dirty clothes).
It’s your turn to do the washing-up (=dishes, knives, etc)

I wash my hands.
fu‧ture /ˈfjuːə/

p. 20
ex. 1
ˈɑːkətekt
nɜːs 
ˈpaɪlət
ˈdentɪst
rɪˈsepʃənɪst
ˈlɔːjə
ˈdʒɜːnəl-ɪst
əˈkaʊntənt
ˈheəˌdresə

p.21
ex. 1

It’s (a) quarter to two.

For times outside five-minute intervals, we say minutes past or minutes to:
9.01 one minute past nine
9.03 three minutes past nine
9.36 twenty-four minutes to ten

9.58 two minutes to ten



No comments: