Wednesday, March 07, 2018

NB2 7/3/18



posh /pɒʃ $ pɑːʃ/ ●○○ adjective informal  1 a posh restauranthotel, car etc is expensive and looks as if it is used or owned by rich people a posh private school2 British English upper class Her parents are terribly posh.

Every now and then

bi‧lin‧gual /baɪˈlɪŋɡwəl/

one in seven / one out of seven
p. 56
ex. 3
creative, solving, positive, explaining, caused

lazy- lazier

ex. 11
I’m better at swimming than you.
My house is nearer to the school than your place.
I’m taller than you.
You’re more interested in history than me.
My school was smaller than your school.
It was warmer last week than this week.

Ex. 13

The public transport is better now than some years ago, because we have more options to travel now.
Young people are worse now than before.
The weather is worse than before because of climate change.
Schools were worse before than now because the languages are better now.
Sport is better now than before because now is more competitive.

ex. 16
It causes a lot of problems.
The last course was more interesting.
The government made education worse.
My classmates are quite friendly.
We learned a lot about the law.
The sports teacher is very popular.
I spent four hours preparing the talk.
The training at work is very boring.


Blankets

No comments: