Tuesday, March 06, 2018

NI1 6/3/18



p.51

ex. 6b
true, false, true
ex. 6c
George - Beth
ex 6d
B, N, G, C, C, N, G, B

Ex. 7
I’ve had friends for a long time / since I was a child.
The important factor is your personality and not that you are a men or a woman / and not your gender.
It’s got nothing to do with it.
I don’t like criticizing in general, it’s not a good idea.
It depends on the friend and it depends on the amount of money.
Forgive and forget.
Prov. You should not only forgive people for hurting you, you should also forget that they ever hurt you.
When my sister lost my favorite book, I was angry at her for weeks, but my mother finally convinced me to forgive and forget.
hard feelings
a) anger between people because of something that has happened
- We’d known each other too long for hard feelings.
- I have no hard feelings towards Steve.

Sorry, but no sorry.

gender /ˈdʒendə $ -ər/ ●○○ AWL noun 
1 [countable, uncountable] the fact of being male or female
- people of the same gender
- Discrimination on grounds of race or gender is forbidden.

p. 52
ex. 1a
Getting married
Ex. 1b
Fiancé
A few days ago
Family
Go out (clubs) – stay in
Mums
It’s serious- we haven’t met each other for long
That won’t be easy

Ex. 2a
Change plans
Meet friend
Ex. 2b
f.- large latte
f.- haven’t changed
t.- perfect Britsh gentleman
f.- meet someone
t.- settling down and getting married
f.- week
f.- wild
t.- I’d like to meet him

SETTLE DOWN
to start living a quiet and calm life in one place, especially when you get married
- They’d like to see their daughter settle down, get married, and have kids


Homework: p. 53, ex. 2c and 3

No comments: