Monday, December 04, 2017

NB2 4/12/17

p. 35

ex. 8
a5, b5, c1, d2, e1, f2, g4, h5, i3

be about to do something
if someone is about to do something, or if something is about to happen, they will do it or it will happen very soon
 We were just about to leave when Jerry arrived.
 Work was about to start on a new factory building.

Homework: p. 35, grammar, exercises 9 & 10. P. 36, reading activity, 2, 3 & 4.


NB2

Designer

busy /ˈbɪzi/ UK  US   adjetivo (-sier, -siest)
1 ocupado -a
I'm very busy at the moment. Can I call you back?
Estoy muy ocupado en este momento. ¿Puedo llamarle luego?
The children were  busy with  their homework.
Los niños estaban ocupados haciendo los deberes.
2 (lleno de actividad) ajetreado -a, ocupado -a
I've had a really busy day.
Hoy he tenido un día muy ajetreado.

village /ˈvɪlɪdʒ/ UK  US  sustantivo
pueblo

wife – wives

France


want /wɒnt/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
 •  verbo [transitivo]
1 querer
Do you want a drink?
¿Quieres tomar algo?
to want to do sth querer hacer algo
She wants to go home.
Quiere irse a casa.

I go to the cinema on Fridays

I love / like / enjoy / hate listening to music.
I need / want to go to the country


p.65, ex 8

have2 /həv, acentuado hæv/ UK  US  verbo [auxiliar & modal]


have
El modal  to have se usa en la estructura to have to do sth ( tener que hacer algo):

 I have to go and see my grandma.
 Tengo que ir a ver a mi abuela.
También se usa to have got to do sth, sobre todo en inglés británico. to have  y to have got  forman la negación y la interrogación de diferente manera:
 Do we have to do this exercise?/Have we got to do this exercise?
 ¿Tenemos que hacer este ejercicio?
 We don't have to go./We haven't got to go.
 No hace falta que vayamos.



I have a car / I have got a car
I don’t have any brother / I haven’t got any sister.
I haven’t any cousins
I have a shower


Another thing – other things

No comments: