Wednesday, December 20, 2017

NA2 20/12/17

It was working perfectly until yesterday
It was running smoothly till yesterday

I would like to avoid bringing

Because that takes too much time.
Because that takes so much time that I won’t be able to do it.


You could try charge again the keyboard programme-> You could try installing the keyboard programme again.

try1 /traɪ/ ●●● S1 W1 verb (past tense and past participle tried, present participle trying, third person singular tries) 
1 ATTEMPT [intransitive, transitive] to take action in order to do something that you may not be able to do
- Let’s have a rest and then we’ll try again.
try to do something
- He tried to control his voice.
- She was trying not to cry.
try hard/desperately (to do something) (=make a lot of effort to do something)
- She dabbed at her face and tried hard not to sniff.
- I tried everything to lose weight with no success.
try your best/hardest (to do something) (=make as much effort as possible to do something)
- I tried my best to comfort her.
- I tried and tried (=kept making an effort) and eventually I was offered a job.
 Try as he might (=as hard as he could), he could not get the incident out of his mind.
it wasn’t for lack/want of trying (=used to say that if someone does not achieve something it is not because they have not tried)
- They didn’t get any goals, but it wasn’t for lack of trying.
you couldn’t do something if you tried (=used to say that someone does not have the skill or ability to do something)
- She couldn’t speak French if she tried.
2 TEST/USE [transitive] to do or use something for a short while to discover if it is suitable, successful, enjoyable etc
- They decided they would try living in America for a while.
- Try logging off and logging on again.

Connection

I regret to say that it will be necessary...

regret /rɪˈgret/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
 •  verbo [transitivo] (-tted, -tting)
lamentar, arrepentirse de
I regret selling that painting.
Lamento haber vendido ese cuadro.
You won't regret it if you go.
Si decides ir, no te arrepentirás.
I regret to inform you that (formal) lamento informarle de que

I’m getting in contact with you to report a technical problem.
I’m writing to you because...
I’m trying to contact you because...
I’m getting in touch with you....

contact ●●● S2 W2 AWL verb [transitive] 
to write to or telephone someone
- Give the name of someone who we can contact in an emergency.
- Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.
—contactable adjective [not before noun]
- A mobile phone makes you contactable wherever you are.
Register
In everyday English, people often say get in touch with someone rather than contact someone:
Is there a number where I can get in touch with you?
GRAMMAR: Comparisoncontact
• You contact someone:
Contact the sales department for details.
Don’t say: Contact with the sales department for details.
make contact/get in contact
• You make contact with someone:
I’ve been trying to make contact with him.
Don’t say: make a contact with someone
• You get in contact with someone:
You can get in contact with us on this number.
Don’t say: get in contact to someone
• You can also say that two or more people make contact or get in contact:
They made contact as soon as they landed.
get in touch
• You get in touch with someone:
I managed to get in touch with the owner.
• You can also say that two or more people get in touch:
We got in touch and arranged to meet.

I’m trying to install the new open-source software and...

Can you help me to solve my problems with...?

It’s a problem with the drivers version of windows OS

Thanks for trusting in our service.
0pt;font-family:"Lucida Sans Unicode"; mso-ansi-language:EN-US'>•  sustantivo

viva, hurra
three cheers for the winners/the girls etc! ¡3 hurras por los ganadores/las chicas, etc!



See you on January 8th!!!!

No comments: