Thursday, May 07, 2020

B1 6-7/5/20


6-7/5/20

 P. 219

She said that she was pregnant.

She said (TO me) that she was pregnant

She said me that she was pregnant

She told me that she was pregnant

She told to me…

She told that she was pregnant

She said that she was pregnant

My sister asked me where I used to buy my clothes.

suit /su藧t, sju藧t/
suite /swi藧t/

My friend Tim said he was selling all his books.
My friend Tim said that he was selling all his books.
My friend Tim said to me that he was selling all his books.
My friend Tim said to me he was selling all his books.

This t-shirt suits me.
I suit this t-shirt.
I like Peter ≠ Peter likes me

Don’t you like football?馃憠She asked if I didn’t like football.
Do you like football?馃憠She asked if I liked football.

Wear - wore - worn


These 馃憠Those


theatre British English, theater American English /藞胃瑟蓹t蓹/



“I gave her a present”馃憠He said that he had given her a present.
“I never eat sugar”馃憠He said that he never ate sugar.
“I’m watching a Star Trek film”馃憠He said that he was watching a ST film.
“Real Murcia will win the League”馃憠He said that RM would win the league.
“Mosquitoes can bite you”馃憠He said Mosquitoes could bite me.
“We must study for the exams”馃憠He told me we had to study for the exam.
“You may visit her someday”馃憠He told me that I might visit her someday.
“Do you work in the morning?”馃憠He asked me if I worked in the morning.
“How old are you?”馃憠He asked me how old I was.
“What time is it?”馃憠He asked me what time it was.
“How long have you been at school?”馃憠He asked me how long I had been at school.
“Did you see the moon yesterday?”馃憠He asked me if I had seen the moon the previous day.

P. 135

Luggage - baggage - suitcases - bags
neceser sustantivo
(estuche) toilet bag

Did they fix the train or send a new one?
I was stuck for three hours.
A connection flight

escala sustantivo
1 (en un viaje) stopover

Insurance


claim for
He claims for compensation (an official request for money that you think you have a right to)

Success

Ex. 6 b)
Throwing, complained /d/, claim, produced /t/, contacted /ID/, offered /d/, reported /ID/, dropped /t/

The baggage handlers were throwing their guitars, the neck of his Taylor guitar had been broken - $1200
He tried to claim compensation without success (flight tickets)
He wrote a song about it (united break guitars)
Posted it on youtube
Compensation to retire it
Interviews everywhere
The share price dropped (las acciones de bolsa)
They lost $180m

ex‧pe‧ri‧ence /瑟k藞sp瑟蓹ri蓹ns/

1, 6, 8, 3, 4, 5, 9, 2, 7, 10


They cancelled the flight due to coronavirus
I asked for a refund
I didn’t get an answer. They didn’t refund the money.
They offered a bonus but I I didn’t like that option.
Are you claiming for compensation?
Sent an email
With documents.
It’s very difficult to contact them.
I found a free number on the internet. 

choice

P. 236
Agreement - acuerdo
Argument - discusi贸n
Attachment - adjunto
Choice - elecci贸n
Compensation
Complaint - queja
Consideration
Delivery - entrega
Demonstration - manifestaci贸n
Explanation -explicaci贸n
Failure  /藞fe瑟lj蓹/ - fracaso
Improvement - mejora
Loss - perdida
Management - control /direcci贸n
Payment -pago
Response - respuesta
Sale - venta
Service - servicio
Success - exito
Temptation - tentaci贸n
Treatment - trato 
Valuation  


vi‧rus /藞va瑟蓹r蓹s/



b) attachment, argument, explanation, complaint, compensation, choice, service

We discuss about unimportant/silly things: housework, going out, coming back home late, food,
I like punctuality.

Brand - marca

5g

Homework: Check the email for the videos and do ex. 8 a - d, p. 135

No comments: