Tuesday, October 18, 2011

nb2 18/10/11

ROUTINES
I’m (at) home-in my house / I go home-to work / I get-arrive-come back home.
I start/finish work-my lessons at…
Leave home – marcharse de casa
go (out) for a meal/ask somebody out for a meal/take somebody (out) for a meal/have/eat a meal/cook/prepare/make a meal/enjoy your meal! (=I hope you like your food)
Have/make/cook breakfast/lunch/dinner.
Eat (your) lunch/have (your) lunch (=eat lunch)/have something for lunch (=eat a particular food or dish at lunchtime).
In the (early/late) morning (12h)/afternoon(18h)/evening(24h)
At night.
Homework/housework (uncountable).
First/then/later/next/after that/finally.
In the-during the week/at the weekend-at weekends.
Another country/other countries.
DEFINING RELATIVE CLAUSES=the information in the relative clause is necessary to understand the sentence. It’s not between commas.
A celebrity is a person WHO-THAT doesn’t want people to recognize her.
A waiter is a person WHO-THAT works in a restaurant.
A secret is something WHICH-THAT you only tell one person.
A mobile phone is something WHICH-THAT you use to talk to people.
A bank is a place WHERE you can borrow money only if you don’t need it.
A supermarket is a place WHERE you can buy anything.
p.127 1D
a)
Who, which, which, where, who, which
b)
c, e, a, f, d, b
c)
She’s the woman who lives next door to me.
That’s the shop where I bought my dress.
He is the actor who was in Friends.
They are the children who broke my window.
This is the restaurant where they make great pasta.
That’s the switch which controls the central heating.
That’s the teacher who teaches my sister.
That’s the room where we have our meetings.

These are the players who won the league.
This is the tennis player who won Wimbledon.
That’s the showman who eats light bulbs.
They are the dogs which bark every night.


Define
Paraphrase
Grass mower, garlic, clown, changing /fitting room, octopus, bellboy.
You challenge somebody from the other group.

Homework: p 14

No comments: