Monday, October 17, 2011

ni2 17/10/11

Grammar practice
1A

Are asking
Isn’t working
Is telling
Are moving
Are dying out /aren’t doing
I’m queuing
I’m constantly having to
Are you wearing
When I arrive at the border, Helen is waiting for me.
Are we trying hard enough not to lose our traditions.

1B

Like very much
Does well
The tension carefully
Too scary
Almost screamed
Recently
Pretty good
Starts rather slowly
Quickly
Never talk

1C

So do I
Neither do I
Neither can I
Neither do I
So can I
Neither am I
So am I
So am I



So do I neither do I
So can I neither can I
So am I neither do I
So am I neither am I
So am I neither do I
So do I neither can I
So can I neither am I



rev‧el‧ler British English ; reveler American English [countable usually plural] someone who is having fun singing, dancing etc in a noisy way

I’d feel embarrassed/ashamed if I had to show my life in public.

The little island in the middle of nowhere with people coming once in a while.

You’re so sweet- que majo!!!

Slightly different

Dole /dəʊl/ sustantivo (BrE) the ~ el subsidio de desempleo, el paro(Esp), la cesantía (Chi);
to be on the ~ estar(conj.⇒) cobrando subsidio de desempleo or (Chi tb)
...
State verbs son verbos cuyos significados están relacionados con una condición ó estado que son hechos NO actividades.
• Este grupo de verbos solo se usan normalmente en el present simple o elpresent perfect simple.
• Los state verbs se pueden dividirse en varios grupos:

1. Verbos de pensar y opiniones

Believe -creer
Think - pensar
Understand - entender
Suppose - suponer
Expect - esperar
Agree - estar de acuerdo
Doubt - dudar
Know - conocer/saber
Remember - recordar
Forget - olvidar
Mean - significar
Imagine - imaginar
Realize - darse cuenta
Deserve - merecer
Prefer - preferir

2. Verbos de emociones

Like -gustar
Love - amar
Hate - odiar
Care - cuidar
Hope - esperar
Wish - desear
Want - querer
Admit - reconocer

3. Verbos de tener y ser

Belong - pertenecer
Own - poseer
Have - tener
Possess - poseer
Contain - contener
Cost - costar
Seem - parecer
Appear - aparecer
Need - necesitar
Depend on - dependerse de
Weigh - pesar
Come from - ser de

4. Verbos de los sentidos

Look - mirar
Hear - oir
Taste - probar
Smell - oler
Feel - sentirse

ALGUNOS de estos verbos se pueden usar con el presente continuo pero entonces tienen otro significado y expresan una actividad y no un estado.

Think past tense and past participle thought
1
opinion/belief
[transitive] to have a particular opinion or to believe that something is true
think (that)
I think that you're being unfair.
I thought I heard something.
2 use your mind
[intransitive and transitive] to use your mind to solve something, decide something, imagine something etc:
She thought very carefully before answering.
Wait a minute - I'm thinking

No comments: