Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nb2 26-5-2011

p.92, ex. 1
A)
1d, 2g, 3b, 4ª, 5c, 6e, 7f
p.153
A)
3, 8, 2, 11, 6, 9, 12, 5, 1, 4, 10, 7
C)
Come back:

(You are at work)I’m going for a sandwich. I’ll come back in a minute.
Go back:
X
(You are at the shop) Thanks for the sandwich. I’m going back to work.
GO AWAY, phrasal verb.
1 to leave a place or person:
Go away and leave me alone!
I went away wondering if I'd said the wrong thing.
2 to travel to a place and spend some time there, for example for a holiday:
Are you going away this year?
Check if the clothes suit you.
Electrical appliances

- Some phrasal verbs can have an OBJECT:
I’m going to try THIS SWEATER(noun)/IT (pronoun) on.
When it is a noun, the object can be between the verb and the particle: I’m going to try THIS SWEATER on, or after the adverb: I’m going to try on THIS SWEATER.
When it is a pronoun the object is always between the verb and the adverb: I’m going to try IT on.
- Some phrasal verbs CAN’T have an object:
Come back early! (*NOT: Come you/Peter back early, come back Peter early).
- Some phrasal verbs CAN’T be separated:
I’m looking for my wallet (*NOT: I’m looking my wallet/it for.

Separable /‘sepərəbəl/

p.92, ex. 1d.
1e, 2g, 3c, 4h, 5f, 6e, 7b, 8d.
p.141, 8c
A)
Down, up, back, for, away, on, after, down.
C)
…it up, them up, it on, it up, them off, them away, it off.

Model of an outline for the exam.
MUSIC:
- Types: Jazz, rock, soul… (personal preferences)download.
- Music groups: Nirvana, died, millions of record
- Concerts: Amaral, voice, musicians, people happy, autograph…
SHOPPING:
- LIKE IT, shopping centres, Springfield, not cheap, not expensive.
- When: weekends, lots of people, with friends (not family)
- How often: three months.
- Other things I like buying: technology (mp3), presents (My mother’s birthday)
- Sales

No comments: