Wednesday, May 18, 2011

18-5-2011

Write one sentence using one of these three relative particles: WHAT (the thing(s) which), WHOM (with a preposition) or WHOSE (of who/which).
The guy to whom I’m writing this letter lives in Germany.
This is the friend whose sister is going out with us tonight.
I’ll give you what you asked me for.
I’ll tell you what you want to hear.
This is the woman to whom I talked/about whom I told you yesterday and whose house is for sale.
What she had said was a lie.
Don’t forget what I want you to say.
There are people with whom I get on well/who I get on well with.
This is the film to which I was looking forward/(which-that) I was looking forward to.
p.110, ex. 3
B)
Husband, cab, alarm, jeans, escape, hooligan, broke, genuine/ ‘dʒenjʊɪn/, tip, addict.
F)
The Chinese, fish and spices, 18th C., America (New England), tomato.
Spanish, Italian, Latin, poison for elephants, elephant, died, stomach.
France, originally, here you are, lost popularity, England, English accent.
Bouncer

No comments: