Thursday, February 20, 2020

B1 19-20/2/20


p. 80
hash‧tag, hash tag /ˈhæʃtæɡ/ noun [countable]   
a word in a Twitter message with # in front of it, which indicates what the message is about. People can search for hashtags in order to find messages about a particular subject.

#homesweethome
#EOI

partner /ˈpɑːtnə $ ˈpɑːrtnər/ ●●● S2 W2 AWL noun [countable]   
1 MARRIAGE ETC one of two people who are married, or who live together and have a sexual relationship → husband, wife

I usually/normally start work at 4.

I used to start work at 4.
I didn’t use to start work at 4.
Did you use to start work at 4?

COMMON ERRORS

I use a laptop at work. (USAR)
I usually work with / use my laptop.
I use to work with my laptop.

I used to work with a laptop.
I didn’t use to work with a laptop.
I didn’t used to work with a laptop.

Noticed /t/ pressed – stopped - walked

ˈoperating ˌtheatre noun [countable] British English   
a room in a hospital where operations are done SYN operating room American English

give birth (to somebody)
if a woman gives birth, she produces a baby from her body
- Patsy was celebrating last night after giving birth to twins.

Toonme

Before giving birth my wife was playing apalabrados.

in labour
BABY [singular, uncountable] the process of giving birth to a baby
- Meg was in labour for ten hours.
- Diane went into labour at 2 o'clock.

cae‧sar‧e‧an /səˈzeəriən $ -ˈzer-/ (also caesarean section) noun [countable]   
an operation in which a woman’s body is cut open to take a baby out
born/delivered etc by caesarean
- Both her children were born by caesarean section.

Quarter – neighbourhood

Ex. 1

rear /rɪə $ rɪr/ ●●○ adjective [only before noun]   
at or near the back of something, especially a vehicle OPP front
- the rear door of the car

be‧side /bɪˈsaɪd/ ●●● S3 W2 preposition    (al lado)
1 next to or very close to the side of someone or something
- Wendy came up and sat beside me.
- the table beside the bed
- I was standing right beside her at the time.

reply /rɪˈplaɪ/ ●●● W2 verb (replied, replying, replies)   
1 [intransitive, transitive] to answer someone by saying or writing something
 I asked Clive where he was going, but he didn’t reply.

Bedside table

Laughed /t/ surfed, coughed,

Do a lot of running
Get a bad back pain

ac‧u‧punc‧ture /ˈækjəˌpʌŋktʃə/
physiotherapist

golf elbow
tendonitis
cervical adjetivo
(de la cerviz) cervical
cervical sustantivo
neck vertebra (pl vertebrae)

walked –talked

the last resort – último recurso

Resource
Needed /id/
Walked /t/ looked, parked, booked,

Ask somebody out
• Why don't you ask her out? Or are you too shy?
• You asked her out? What did she say?

Feel felt felt

Fall fell fallen

He didn’t think twice and asked her out.
Threatened
Aunt
Bottom

Day trip – school trip
Caretaker

cor‧ri‧dor /ˈkɒrədɔː $ ˈkɔːrədər, ˈkɑː-/ ●●○ S3 W3 noun [countable]   
1 a long narrow passage on a train or between rooms in a building, with doors leading off it
in the corridor

nope /nəʊp $ noʊp/ adverb spoken informal   
used to say ‘no’ when you answer someone
 ‘Hungry?’ ‘Nope, I just ate.’

Yep – yeah

en‧gaged /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒd/ ●●○ adjective   
1 if two people are engaged, they have agreed to marry
- Have you heard? Sally and Ray are getting engaged.
- She is engaged to be married.

Grammar bank p. 213

I used to work for that company =
I (usually) worked for that company 

I went to her place three times
I used to go to her place three times

Be used to / get used to

I used to go to bed early.
I’m used to going to bed early.
I got used to going to bed early.
I didn’t get use to working at nights.
Were you used to driving in the snow?
I’m getting used to working 24 hours non-stop.


I’m looking forward to seeing you.


Homework: Grammar bank, p. 213, ex. A and b

No comments: