Thursday, November 07, 2019

B1 6-7/11/19

p. 206

charge
domiciliar vtr   (autorizar pagos) (incoming)     set up a direct deposit
- Domicilié los recibos en la cuenta donde cobro la nómina.
- I set up a direct deposit with the bank where I receive my wages.


/t/ booked, dance /s/
/d/ saved, pay, use /z/

Ever (Have you ever booked), already (have already saved), Have you paid…yet?, have…ever lent, I’ve never used it, we have just won, I have already spent, I have just had.

I haven’t never used it.
Never ever


I’ve just finished the book. (recently in time)
I’ve already finished the book. (action completed)
Have you ever read Romeo and Juliet? (alguna vez)
No, I’ve never read it.
I haven’t never read.

I haven’t finished yet.
They haven’t arrived yet.
She hasn’t worked yet.
We haven’t played yet.

I have already finished.
They have already arrived.
She has already worked.
We have already played.

Have you finished yet?
Have they arrived yet?
Has she worked yet?
Have we played yet?




Has your sister paid you back yet?
When did you buy that leather jacket?
They finished paying back the loan last month.
I’m sure I didn’t borrow any money from you last week.
Did you see the Batman film on TV yesterday?

USAGE: Yet, still, already
Yet is used to say that something has not happened or a situation has not started to exist:
- It isn’t time to go yet.
Yet is also used to ask if something has happened:
Have you seen him yet?
Still is used to say that an earlier situation has not changed:
This system is still used today.
I still don’t understand.
Don’t say: This system is yet used today.
Already is used to emphasize that something has happened or a situation has started to exist:
He has already published two novels.
They already knew one another.
Already is also used in questions to show surprise that something has happened sooner than expected:
Have they all left already?


I’ve got a friend = I have a friend.
I haven’t got a friend
I haven’t a friend
I don’t have a friend

I have a shower ≠ I have got a shower.

I have breakfast ≠ I have got breakfast

I’m sure I borrowed any money from you last week.
I’m sure I didn’t borrow any money from you last week.
Did I borrow any money from you yesterday?

She borrows money from everyone.
She doesn’t borrow money from everyone

GET IN PRESENT PERFECT
(get, got, got/gotten)
I’ve got / gotten a lot of mail this week.
I haven’t got enough exercise this week.
I haven’t got my wage yet.

VERBS + ING
I finished studying an hour ago.
I’ll finish working at 7 o’clock.
I’ve finished doing the homework right now.

I love listening to music.
I loved watching that show.
I’ve loved spending the evening with you.

p. 29, ex. 6d

£2,000 / £2000
£200
£20,000
amount – cantidad
Don’t give your bank account number / details + be suspicious of strange emails.

Email, wallet, credit card
Money, believed, bank account
Phone call, bank, account, new account

Roll of notes

sew /səʊ $ soʊ/ ●●● S3 verb (past tense sewed, past participle sewn /səʊn $ soʊn/ or sewed) [intransitive, transitive]


p. 30

charity /ˈtʃærəti/ ●●○ S3 W3 noun (plural charities)   
1 [countable] an organization that gives money, goods, or help to people who are poor, sick etc → charitable
- Several charities sent aid to the flood victims.

NGO /ˌen dʒiː ˈəʊ $ -ˈoʊ/ noun [countable]   
(non-governmental organization) an organization which helps people, protects the environment etc and which is not run by a government

lorry /ˈlɒri $ ˈlɔːri, ˈlɑːri/ ●●● S3 noun (plural lorries) [countable] British English   
1 a large vehicle for carrying heavy goods SYN truck

shelter /ˈʃeltə $ -ər/ ●●○ W3 noun   
1 [uncountable] a place to live, considered as one of the basic needs of life
- They are in need of food and shelter.

break down phrasal verb
1 if a car or machine breaks down, it stops working
- The car broke down just north of Paris.
- The printing machines are always breaking down.

Ex.1a
1-2008
2-A safari to see the mountain gorilla.
3-It broke down.
4-Primary school for orphans.
5-Terrible condition (walls were falling downs, blackboards broken…).
6-Teach English songs.
7-A new school.
8-Set up a charity.
set up phrasal verb
1 COMPANY/ORGANIZATION ETC to start a company, organization, committee etc SYN establish
set something ↔ up
- They want to set up their own import–export business.
9-14 March 2010

Ex. 1b
A2, b1, c7, d4, e3, f6, g8, h5

57, don’t eat, water, sunflower oil, (FAL- functional adult literacy) adults, secondary, Uganda, nurse, smiled

do‧nor /ˈdəʊnə $ ˈdoʊnər/ ●○○ noun [countable]   
1 a person, group etc that gives something, especially money, to help an organization or country → donate
- We urgently need more assistance from donor

missionary /ˈmɪʃənəri $ -neri/ ●○○ noun (plural missionaries) [countable]    
someone who has been sent to a foreign country to teach people about Christianity and persuade them to become Christians

Homework: p. 31, ex. 2 a and b + Grammar bank 2B, p. 207

How long have you studied English?
For (period of time)
I’ve studied English for 4 yrs.
Since ( when an action begins)
I’ve studied English since 2015.

FOR- (durante, por) a week, a day, an hour, many years, a long time, the rest of my life…
SINCE- (desde) this morning, last week, I was born, 2009, our wedding, I saw her, we met…


SINCE IS ALWAYS WITH THE PRESENT PERFECT

No comments: