Tuesday, November 19, 2019

AL 19/11/19

Frequency adverbs

Used to

When I was a child I used to take the bus to school.

I usually take the bus to school.

I use to take the bus to school.


I’ve been twice to NY

Activity: What did life use to be before?

carriage /ˈkærɪdʒ/ ●●○ noun   
1 VEHICLE PULLED BY HORSE [countable] a vehicle with wheels that is pulled by a horse, used in the past

Sling- cabestrillo
People used to use oil / gas lamps

To know the time

Exchange goods
exchange /ɪksˈtʃeɪndʒ/ ●●○ S3 W3 noun   
1 GIVING/RECEIVING [countable, uncountable] the act of giving someone something and receiving something else from them
exchange of
- an exchange of political prisoners
in exchange for something
- I’ve offered to paint the kitchen in exchange for a week’s accommodation.
- Four of my cassettes for your Madonna CD is a fair exchange.


A collection
Collect coins

People didn’t use to travel very far / long distances.

Word of mouth
People didn’t know what was happening at the same time.

A typewriter

On the internet

Activity: How long have you…?

Do you have a computer?
How long have you had your computer?

Do you live in a flat?
How long have you lived in a flat?

Do you have a hobby?
How long have you had your hobby?

Do you have a best friend?
How long have you had your best friend?


Did you go / have you been at / have you gone to University?

No comments: