Thursday, February 21, 2019

A2 20-21/2/19

Revision:
To be-
What’s your name – phone number…?
My name’s John – My telephone number is…
Where are you from?
I’m Spanish – I’m from Spain
How old are you?
I’m 20 years old
What do you do?
I’m a doctor.
Who are you?
I’m Peter’s brother
Where are you?
I’m at work – in the city
How are you?
Thirsty – hungry –happy - fine
I’m late –
What time is it?
It’s ten to five.
Are you married?
I’m married – single- divorced.
I’m not Sarah’s brother.
He isn’t hungry
They aren’t doctors
What’s this - that?
This /that is a bottle of water
What are these – those?
These / those are bottles of water.
Where’s the dentist’s?
It’s above the shoe shop
Shutters-persiana
Notices or signs
Hooks

Pronombres-
Pers. Pro.
I am very old.
They are in a party.
Pos. Adj.
This is my car.
She is his girlfriend.
That’s your class.
He is their father.
Their father ( ->he) is a doctor.
Your class (->it) is very nice.
Is this our class? Yes, it is.
That’s Sarah and her cousin.
Obj. Pro.
He lent me a book
She is with me.
That’s for them.

Normal verbs ( not to be)-

I work from 9 to 5.
I don’t work from 9 to 5.
Do you work from 9 to 5?

He works from 9 to 5.
He writes articles, he’s a journalist.
He doesn’t work from 9 to 5.
Does he work from 9 to 5?

What do you do? A Visual merchandiser /AN admin /AN office worker
When do you arrive home? It depends on the day /it varies.
Why do you study English?
Where does she study English?
How do you say / spell…?
Who do you work for?
Which car do you like? The red or the blue?
What time do you get up?
How many children do you have?
How old are you?
Verb + ing
We like reading books
They love watching TV
She hates working early in the morning.
You don’t mind helping other people.
Do you like playing computer games?
He doesn’t like going shopping at the weekend.
Go shopping, clubbing, sunbathing, driving, walking, trekking, cycling, sightseeing…

I like dancing.
I would like to dance this evening.

There’s / there’re-
There are 14 students in class.
There’s a picture on the wall.
There is one apple, two bananas and three pears in the fridge.
There are three pears, two bananas and one apple in the fridge.
There aren’t 14 students in class.
There isn’t a picture on the wall.
There are a lot of strawberries. There is a lot of sugar.
There are some strawberries.
There is some sugar.
There aren’t many/any strawberries.
There isn’t much/any sugar.
Are there many/any strawberries?
Is there much/any sugar?
Adverbs and adjectives.
She is a not very / very / really tall girl.

Can-
I can speak seven languages.
I cannot/can’t speak seven languages.
Can you speak seven languages?
How many languages can you speak?
He can jump very high.

I can’t see you.

Can I open the door?

Can/could I have a cold beer, please?
The past-
Is – was
Are – were
Can-could
Do – did
Does - did

Cheaper

No comments: