Thursday, February 14, 2019

A2 13-14/2/19

p. 108, ex. 3
the job of tourist guide, I am 22, I live in  Bath, I am a student at, so I am on holiday / free, I was a ski instructor, I can speak 2 languages, I like working, I was born.

Dur‧ham /ˈdʌrəm $ ˈdɜːr-/

CHARACTERISTICS OF FORMAL LETTERS.
In formal letters we don’t use contractions: I’m -> I am

Look forward to something phrasal verb
To be excited and pleased about something that is going to happen
- I’m really looking forward to our vacation.

USEFUL EXPRESSIONS IN FORMAL LETTERS
Look forward to doing something
- My mother says she’s looking forward TO meeting you / showing you her new skirt / taking you to the cinema.
Grammar
You say:
I’m looking forward TO your visit / the meeting / the race / the birthday party….
Don’t say: I’m looking forward for your visit. | I’m looking forward your visit.

(yours) sincerely
an expression used to end a formal letter, especially one that you have begun by using someone’s name: Dear Ms / Mr / Mrs Yates.
Yours faithfully
British English the usual polite way of ending a formal letter, which you have begun with Dear Sir or Dear Madam or Dear Sir / Madam

Dear Sir / Madam, - Dear Ms Yates,
Dear Sir / Madam - Dear Ms Yates
Dear Sir / Madam: - Dear Ms Yates:

ˌcovering ˈletter noun [countable]   
British English a letter that you send with documents or a package that gives information about its contents SYN cover letter American English
- Send your CV and a covering letter to the address below.

Curriculum Vitae

Excuse me Sir / Madam
I saw a lady in the bus stop.

P.44
mo‧tor‧way /ˈməʊtəweɪ $ ˈmoʊtər-/ ●●● S2 noun [countable]   
British English a very wide road for travelling fast over long distances, especially between cities → expressway, freeway, highway, interstate
mo‧tor‧bike /ˈməʊtəbaɪk $ ˈmoʊtər-/ noun [countable]   
Image of motorbikeespecially British English a small fast two-wheeled vehicle with an engine
ˈrailway ˌstation ●●● S3 noun [countable]   
British English a place where trains stop for passengers to get on and off SYN train station, railroad station American English
- I’ll meet you outside the main railway station.
ˈbus ˌstation (also bus terminal) noun [countable]   
a place where buses start and finish their journeys
bus lane
car park – parking lot - parking

That’s very kind of you.

A place where you can buy books
A place/road where cars go very fast.
It’s a vehicle with two wheels.
An object / glasses that protect(s) your eyes from the sun light. Glasses for the sun. Glasses with a dark glass.
A place / room in the house where you (can) have dinner, play cards/videogames, and watch TV.
A place where you can take the bus / train – where the bus stops.
An object where people carry objects /keep your purse, your money, your mobile phone...
A place where you can park the car.
An object that controls the traffic.
A place where you can fill up the car tank / buy petrol for your car / get petrol.
fuel
SMS-mensaje al móvil
tram /træm/ ●○○ (also tramcar /ˈtræmkɑː $ -kɑːr/) noun [countable] especially British English   
a vehicle for passengers, which travels along metal tracks in the street. SYN streetcar American English
suit /suːt, sjuːt $ suːt/
suite /swiːt/
sweet /swiːt/
tie /taɪ/

mind your own business- métete en tus asuntos
I can see right over the town.
casual- informal
come for a ride- dar un paseo
sit on the back
full-time job / part-time job
look after- cuidar
playschool- guardería

Homework: p. 44, ex. 9 and p. 45, ex. 4


Pencil case

No comments: