Tuesday, February 19, 2019

A2 17-18/2/19

p. 44
V- listen to, speak TO / with,
N- sort of, on (the) television
Adj- married to
P- where…from, with me, for your birthday,

Bustamante divorced from Paula a year ago.

come in/into/out of etc 
There was a knock on the door and a young woman came into the room.
come to/towards 
I could see a figure coming towards me.
come across/down/up etc 
As they came down the track, the car skidded.

Jazz, pop, rock, classical, latin music…

A kind of = a sort of
All kinds (of music)= all sorts (of music)
What sort of / kind of music do you like?

Were there good programmes?
Yes, there were / No, there weren’t.

Polite ≠ rude – impolite
(A boy) I want a new toy
(the mother) Want doesn’t get
Channel 5
Titans, The good place.
Headphones – ear buds

p. 45
until - till
white/brown bread
shake hands
Here you are
It’s $20
Diet coke
We only take cash.
The customer pays in cash.
Tap / running water ≠ Still / bottled / mineral water ≠ sparkling / fizzy water
A single ticket / a return ticket
Can you lend me $20?
Can I borrow the dictionary?
Sorry, I’m using it.
Yes, but give it back (to me) later.
Can you do me a favour?
It depends. What (type of) favour?
Could I try on these jeans?
The changing rooms are over there.
What size do you need?
I’m sorry, it’s busy.
Can you give me a lift?
Lift (in a car) [countable] if you give someone a lift, you take them somewhere in your car SYN ride 
- Do you want a lift into town? 
- John gave me a lift home. 
- He very kindly offered me a lift.

No, sorry. It’s very hot / cold / windy… outside

Homework: p. 46-47 complete the text

Have you come here to die (today)?

No, I came yesterday

No comments: