Thursday, October 18, 2018

ALB2 17-10-18


Talk about a travel experience using these words:
Original, authentic, initial, understand, realise, respect, appreciate, custom, routine, foreigner, stranger, immigrant.

Made a decision to become original travellers
What kind of trip we could do
GRAMMAR: Comparison
Travel
• You use travel to talk in general about the activity of travelling:
Long-distance travel has become much cheaper.
My interests are travel and photography.
• Travel is only used as an uncountable noun. 
Don’t say: a travel | the travel
Travels
• Someone’s travels are their journeys to many different places:
On her travels, she visited Egypt, Jordan, and South Africa.
I’ll call you when I get back from my travels.
• Travels is always used as a plural noun in this meaning. 
Don’t say: her travel | my travel
Trip
• You use trip to talk about an occasion when someone travels somewhere:
He has gone to New York on a business trip.
They have made several trips to Europe.
• Trip is a countable noun and can be used in the singular with ‘a’ or in the plural. Don’t use travel in this meaning. You say:
Have a nice trip!
Don’t say: Have a nice travel!

We had the opportunity to enjoy it to the fullest
He made a promise
Authentic  /ɔːˈθentɪk $ ɒː-/
Realise  /ˈrɪəlaɪz/ 
Foreigners /ˈfɒrənə/ 
Have / keep / engage in a conversation
My daily routine consisted of
For the family I was a foreigner
I made my first trip
Who aren’t part of my family
I was eager to know
I was a foreigner
They were strangers for me
Some words I didn’t understand
Go back home


No comments: