Thursday, October 18, 2018

A2 17/18-10-18


Initial evaluation: listening
2nd November 2003
I got up at about a quarter to nine (8.45)
Unemployed
I bought some trousers and a skirt for my girlfriend.
I called an old friend and we met for lunch (Jack Olson)
I came home and I sent a few emails and then I went swimming (to the local sports centre)
Janice, my girlfriend, and her brother, Kevin
We chatted; we were looking at his holiday photos

PRESENT / PAST STRUCTURES: COMPARISON
Do you work on Sunday?
Did you work on Sunday?

What do you do on Sunday?
What did you do on Sunday?

I saw a film
I didn’t see a film

I like films
I don’t like films

We went to three places
Walk the streets
a) To walk around the streets in a town or city
- It was not safe to walk the streets at night.
b) old-fashioned to be a prostitute

GRAMMAR: Comparison
Travel
• You use travel to talk in general about the activity of travelling:
Long-distance travel has become much cheaper.
My interests are travel and photography.
• Travel is only used as an uncountable noun. 
Don’t say: a travel | the travel
Travels
• Someone’s travels are their journeys to many different places:
On her travels, she visited Egypt, Jordan, and South Africa.
I’ll call you when I get back from my travels.
• Travels is always used as a plural noun in this meaning. 
Don’t say: her travel | my travel
Trip
• You use trip to talk about an occasion when someone travels somewhere:
He has gone to New York on a business trip.
They have made several trips to Europe.
• Trip is a countable noun and can be used in the singular with ‘a’ or in the plural. Don’t use travel in this meaning. You say:
Have a nice trip!
Don’t say: Have a nice travel!

WRITING PART: CORRECT THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES
He study engineer
He is musician
He study school
I holidays village Cazorla
I like the weather in the summer isn’t hot
My friends and his childrens
It was the birthday of my sister
I played which my friends
My mother cook your best paella
Answer:
He studies engineering / to become an engineer
He is a musician /mjuːˈzɪʃən/ but He is unemployed / retired
He studies at school
I went on holiday to a village in Cazorla // to Cazorla park // to Cazorla village
I like the weather in the summer when it isn’t hot // because (there) it isn’t hot
My friends and their children
It was my sister’s birthday
I played with my friends
My mother cooked her best paella

No comments: