Thursday, November 09, 2017

NI2 9/11/17

we've chosen a representative and revised the initial evaluation test


Would be best suited

suited /ˈsuːtɪd/ UK  US  adjetivo
1 to be suited to sth ser apropiado -a para algo, servir para algo
2 to be ideally suited for sth ser ideal para algo


wish‧y-wash‧y /ˈwɪʃi ˌwɒʃi $ -ˌwɒːʃi, -ˌwɑːʃi/adjective informal  1 someone who is wishy-washy does not have firm or clear ideas and seems unable to decide what they want – used to show disapproval a bunch of wishy-washy liberals

p. 21 ex. 11

Could we meet some other day?

I’m uncertain wether they want to see me again or not.

uncertain /ʌnˈsɜːtn $ -ɜːr-/ ●●○ adjective 
1 [not before noun] feeling doubt about something SYN unsure
uncertain whether/how/what etc
 He was uncertain how much further he could walk.
uncertain about/of
 I was uncertain about what to do next.
2 not clear, definite, or decided SYN unclear
it is uncertain whether/how/what etc
 It is uncertain how likely this is to occur.
 My whole future now seemed uncertain.

I don’t remember you very clearly.

I would love to.

be in a rush 
I’m sorry, I can’t talk now – I’m in a rush (hurry).


Homework: review 1 p.23

No comments: