Thursday, November 09, 2017

NI1 9/11/17

we've chosen a representative




Homework: exercise ,9 P. 11 -> writing (but instead of a friend you are going to describe a famous person you LIke / dislike).
Don’t give it to me in paper, use  an email instead.
Write around a hundred words.

Grammarbank p.133

1Ba
Will/shall, I’ll make, I’m not having / I’m not going to have, will be, won’t tell, is arriving / will arrive, will go down, I’m not going to go / I won’t go, Shall I.


washing /ˈwɒʆɪŋ/ UK  US  sustantivo BrE
colada
to do the washing hacer la colada

ˌwashing-ˈup UK  US  sustantivo BrE
platos sucios
to do the washing-up lavar los platos

1Bb
I’ll write, he is going to do, I’m working late, I’ll have, shall we get, I’ll lend, It’s ggoing to rain, Shall I pick you up.


Dear Homer,
I’m writing to you because Marge...


I can’t (strong) take a shower here, it’s too small.

I can (weak) call you later

p.12

She’s blonde, she’s got straight, shoulder-length hair. She has a ponnytail. She’s got green/blue eyes. She wears a blue scarf and a navy-blue jacket. She’s got white skin.

fair/pale/white
I have fair skin that burns very easily.
dark/brown/black
a girl with beautiful dark skin

tanned /tænd/ UK  US  adjetivo
 bronceado -a, moreno -a

get a tan

Hair
TYPE
Straight
a girl with long straight hair
curly
When he was young, his hair was thick and curly.
frizzy (=tightly curled)
She had long frizzy dark hair which might have been permed.
wavy (=with loose curls)
Her golden wavy hair fell around her shoulders.

He’s got short, wavy, brown hair. He’s got a 3-day beard.

Adjectives usually come in this order:
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
General
opinion
Specific
opinion
Size
 Shape
Age
 Colour
Nationality
Material

p. 12

magazine, British, months, London, NY, permanent, find, family.


No comments: