Monday, November 27, 2017

NB2 27/11/17

p. 29

on my own, its own, annoys me, in their appartment, makes dinner for us, our home, his father’s company, my grandparents’ house...

en suiteensuite noun [countable]  British English  a) a bathroom that is joined onto a bedroom, especially in a hotel Each room has an ensuite and a balcony.

The best / worst thing of living on my own / with my parents is that...

What I like / dislike about living with my parents is that...

Living with a partner is good / a proplem because...

You can enjoy the company of another person.

My mother does the cooking / washing (up) /lays the table / clean - tidy the house.

There are rules. They control the time I come back home
You aren’t completely free.

You are not alone.
You are warm in winter.
You have more company.

You have more silence.
You the remote control.
You have your own rule.
You have more freedom.

You have to share the bathroom / bed (in the summer).
You live under the same roof.
You have less space in the wardrove.
You have to do the housework together.

p.30

con‧cen‧trate /ˈkɒnsəntreɪt $ ˈkɑːn-/
key /kiː/ 

Can you turn the air conditioning off?
Turn on the lights – turn the lights on – turn them on.
Can you clean your car? / You should clean your car
Please , be quiet. I’m studying./ Can you turn the music down?
Can you bring the ladder?
Can you get / give me / reach that?
Have you seen my keys? Where are my keys?
Can you open the window?
Can you clean this mess? / Tidy your room, please / now.
Can you turn up the volume? / Be quiet, please.

p. 30

3, 4, 8, 1, 6, 7, 2

7, 1, 8-3

Can’t, tidy, on, turn, not, say, up, OK

temperature /ˈtemprɪtʆə/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 temperatura

2 (de una persona) temperatura
to have a temperature, to be running a temperature tener fiebre

to take sb's temperature tomarle la temperatura a alguien


vegetable /ˈvedʒtəbəl/ UK  US  sustantivo
1 verdura

cardar vtr (peinar)    backcomb vtr
      (figurative)   tease vtr
     La peluquera cardó el pelo a la señora para darle un poco de volumen.
     The hairdresser backcombed the lady's hair to give it a bit of volume.


sink /sɪŋk/ UK  US  verbo & sustantivo
sustantivo
1 (en la cocina) fregadero
2  AmE (en el baño) lavabo
 ▶ En inglés británico se usa  washbasin

cupboard /ˈkʌbəd/ UK  US  sustantivo

armario

No comments: