Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween

Currant /ˈkʌr ə nt/ noun [ C ]
[ FOOD ] a small, black dried fruit used in cooking, especially in cakes

Ale /eɪl/ noun [ C , U ]
[ FOOD ] a type of beer

Famine /ˈfæmɪn/ noun [ C , U ]
When people living in a particular area do not have enough food for a long time causing suffering and death

Dress up phrasal verb  
SPECIAL to wear special clothes in order to change your appearance, usually for a game or party
He dressed up as Superman for the party.

Graveyard /ˈgreɪvjɑːd/ noun [ C ]
An area of land where dead bodies are buried, usually next to a church

Pass away phrasal verb
To die
She passed away peacefully in her sleep.

Be pushing up (the) daisies
to be dead - used humorously

Kick the bucket
Old-fashioned to die - used humorously

Prom [countable]
1 American English a formal dance party for high school students, often held at the end of a school year

Goblin /ˈgɒblɪn/ noun [ C ]
A short, ugly, imaginary creature who behaves badly

Ghoul /guːl/ noun [ C ]
An evil spirit


Halloween stories…

I was driving in the darkness in a lonely road. I was listening to my favourite song and I was very concentrated when suddenly a vampire with long fang bit me and I became a vampire. Now we both travel around the world looking for people like us.

Last night I went to the cemetery, there were a lot of tombs. It was a very dark night and there was a full moo in the sky and a lot of bats flying around. Suddenly, somebody touched me but there were nobody… I saw a dog it was running very fast. I was afraid because I thought “It’s very strange there was nobody…” It was a nice Halloween party because we spent the night hauling weird sounds and scaring people in the street. It was a  nightmare!

Last night I went to the cemetery because I had lost my black cat. I heard the cat at the end of the cemetery an I decided to cross it alone. I was afraid of the dark and it seemed hell. Suddenly I saw a shadow behind a tomb. I walked slowly to the tomb. I was terrified but I realised the shadow was my cat.

Once I was taking a nap and my family thought I was dead so they decided to bury me. When I woke up I was hungry and I wanted to eat people I broke the coffin with my head and I went to eat Minister Wert and every study in Spain came to thank me.



No comments: