Tuesday, January 21, 2020

B1 20-21/1/20

p. 211
CAN (POSSIBILITY / ABILITY)
Present simple
I can / am able to play the piano.

Past simple
I could / was able to play the piano.

*Present continuous
I’m being able to play the piano.

Future going to
I’m going to be able to play the piano.

Future will
I’ll be able to play the piano.
I WON’T (WILL NOT) be able to play the piano.

Present perfect
I’ve been able to play the piano.

Modals
I must be able to play the piano.
I have to be able to play the piano.
You need to be able to play the piano.
I should / ought to be able to play the piano.

I like/ love / hate / don’t mind / enjoy… + ing

I enjoy being able to play the piano.
I hate not being able to play the piano.

I want to

I want to be able to speak English fluently.


I was able to leave my parent’s house when I got a job.


Switched /t/

GARAGE – GARAJE
GIRAFFE – JIRAFA
ABILITY - HABILIDAD

p. 65

Beginner – newbie
I start seeing stars
A whole octave
Use books instead of videos
Nothing I actually want to play
Dogs barking
Musicians busking

p. 66

ex. 5b
sce‧ne‧ry /ˈsiːnəri/

My father is tired after 40 years working.

My father retired after 40 tiring years working.

My father is tired after work.
My father’s job is tiring.


Marie Curie was an interesting scientist.

Marie Curie was interested in radioactivity.


Wrestling

p. 66, ex. 6 (b and c)> Homework
- Perhaps she could give us a few tips.> ADVICE [countable] a helpful piece of advice

I’ve been learning English for 5 years on and off.

Hail


Mediation activity: men vs. women

lov‧ing /ˈlʌvɪŋ/
tender> gentle and careful in a way that shows love
nicer

loud
Her voice was loud and clear.

quiet/low/soft (=not loud)
When she spoke, her voice was soft and gentle.

Leader

Understanding
Women listen better than men.
Women understand your problems.
Decisive

make a decision
I want to think about it a bit longer before I make a decision.
take a decision British English (=make an important or formal decision)
I fully accept the decision taken by the committee.

They don’t have doubts.
They trust themselves.

Women work better in group.
Teamwork is easier for women.

Men are more independent.
Men can live alone.
Ask for help.
Autonomous

Sensitive
Emotional.
They cry more easily, for example, when they see a film.
They show their emotions.

Take challenges / decision
Solve the problems
They like difficult things.


Conclusion:
Man and women have different personalities, not because they are men or women, but because they are different people.
We should talk about differences among people, not men and women.



Exam (email)

No comments: