Wednesday, October 16, 2019

B1 16-17/10/19

A guessing game.

structure /ˈstrʌktʃə/
habit /ˈhæbɪt/
showed /ʃəʊd/
statistic /stəˈtɪstɪk/
on average /ˈævərɪdʒ/
twice /twaɪs/

row /rəʊ $ roʊ/ ●●● S2 W2 noun [countable]   
1 Image of row>a line of things or people next to each other → column
row of
- a row of houses
row the boat

row /raʊ/ noun British English   
1 [countable] a short angry argument, especially between people who know each other well SYN quarrel
row with
- He had just had a row with his wife


lifestyle

Lunchbox /ˈlʌntʃbɒks $ -bɑːks/ noun [countable]   
a box in which food is carried to school, work etc.
Tupperware /ˈtʌpəweə $ -pərwer/ noun [uncountable]   
trademark a type of plastic container that closes very tightly and is used to store food
very often
almost always
hardly ever
How often do you see your cousins?
Less/ more often
Argue /ˈɑːɡjuː $ ˈɑːr-/ ●●● S2 W1 verb   
1 [intransitive] to disagree with someone in words, often in an angry way
- We could hear the neighbours arguing.
Pretend
5 min crafts
Politics, sport, housework, TV, Feminism, human rights,

p. 13. Ex. 2
shall I/we ... ?
spoken used to make a suggestion, or ask a question that you want the other person to decide about
- Shall I open the window?
- Shall we say 6 o'clock, then?
- What shall I get for dinner?
Gran(dmother) Grandma – granny
A lot of / lots of / Loads of times
What do you mean tomorrow?
A party at katie’s (house)
Whose book is that? It's Peter's (book)
House  = place
The usual crowd
Can I use your car? Can I borrow your car? Can you lend me your car? Can I take your car?

Borrow
arrangement > AGREEMENT [countable, uncountable] something that has been organized or agreed on SYN agreement

Present simple (scheduled)
The train leaves at 7 tomorrow

Present continuous (arrangement)
I’m meeting her at the station tomorrow.
I’m not meeting her at the station tomorrow.
Are you meeting her at the station tomorrow.?

Going to (Plans (or intentions) & predictions)
We are going to ( go to) the cinema on Saturday.
Tomorrow it’s going to rain.
Tomorrow it isn’t going to rain.
Is it going to rain tomorrow?

Will (instant decisions, offers, predictions)
I’ll have dinner with you.
I’ll help you with the homework.
I won’t help you with the homework.
Will you help me with the homework?
I think I’ll pass the exam.
I don’t think I’ll pass the exam.
I think I won’t pass the exam.



shall I/we ... ?
spoken used to make a suggestion or offer, or ask a question that you want the other person to decide about
- Shall I open the window?
- Shall we say 6 o'clock, then?
- What shall I get for dinner?

the bottom /ˈbɒtəm/ of something
LOWEST SIDE [countable usually singular] the flat surface on the lowest side of an object
-What’s that on the bottom of your shoe?
button /ˈbʌtn/ ●●● S2 noun [countable]   
1 a small round flat object on your shirt, coat etc that you pass through a hole to fasten it
- small pearl buttons

Homework: Grammarbank 1B a and b, p. 205


No comments: