Tuesday, April 09, 2019

A2 8-9/4/19

p. 62
VOCAB.

Fussy = picky
yogurt, yoghurt /ˈjɒɡət $ ˈjoʊɡərt/

BR ENG-> chips (long) crisps (round and in bags)
AM ENG-> French fries (long) chips (round and in bags)

toast /təʊst $ toʊst/ ●●○ S3 noun   
1 [uncountable] bread that has been heated so that it is brown on both sides and no longer soft
- I had a piece of toast for breakfast.
Two pieces of toast
Some toast
A bar of chocolate
Some chocolates (bombones)
furniture /ˈfɜːnɪtʃə $ ˈfɜːrnɪtʃər/ ●●● S2 W3 noun [uncountable]   
large objects such as chairs, tables, beds, and cupboards
- I helped him choose the furniture for his house.
A piece of furniture


Both count. and uncount. nouns
I’d like 3 coffees (cups of)
Would you like some coffee?
Wine, coffee, tea, ice cream, yogurt.

IRREGULAR PLURALS are countable too
This man is tall
These men are tall
These childrens are noisy
Children are noisy
My child is noisy
Foot-      feet
Tooth-   teeth
goose     -   geese
man-      men
woman- women
louse-    lice
mouse-  mice
dice-      dice
ox-         oxen
child-          children
person-  people*
penny-   pence (in British usage)
sheep
fish
deer

An envelope and a stamp
Tomato sauce

Grammar p. 139
A LOT OF->affirmative or negative.
I have a lot of exams (COUNT.)
I don’t have a lot of sugar (UNC.)
SOME-> affirmative and interrogative (offering or asking for sth.)
I have some children-apples (COUNT.)/ beer (UNC.)
Would you like some biscuits? (COUNT.)
Can I have some milk? (UNC.)

There is some wine (UNC) in the bottle.
There are some biscuits (COUNT) in the box.
There is a/one biscuit in the box.

There aren’t no apples in the fridge.
There aren’t any apples in the fridge.

red/white/rosé /ˈrəʊzeɪ/ wine
The waiter brought some red wine.

If that’s OK-> si puede ser

Homework: ex. 4, p. 63 + ex. 1, p. 64 + ex. 3 p. 65 (EATING IN)


I like beer. (N)
I would like a beer. (N)
I like drinking wine. (V)
I would like TO drink some wine. (V)

I would-> I’d

Would you like some wine?
Yes, please / I would / I’d like some wine.
p. 65
chop/tʃɒp $ tʃɑːp/ ●●● S3 verb (chopped, chopping) [transitive]   
1 (also chop up) to cut something into smaller pieces

mince /mɪns/ verb   
1 [transitive] (also mince something ↔ up) to cut food, especially meat, into very small pieces, usually using a machine
- minced lamb

tbsp (also tbs) (plural tbsp or tbsps)
the written abbreviation of tablespoon or tablespoons
- 1 tbsp sugar

thyme /taɪm/


MUCH / MANY -> negative and interrogative sentences. (and affirmative sometimes)
I have a lot of coke (UNC.)
I don’t have a lot of / much coke.
Do you have much coke?
How much coke do you have?

I have a lot of carrots (COUNT.)
I don’t have a lot of / many carrots
Do you have many carrots?
How many carrots do you have?

Let’s (not) go to the cinema. I have a terrible headache.

Strawberry
Raspberry-> frambuesa
Mulberry-> mora
Cranberry-> arandano


I will (I’ll) drink some wine.

I’m going to drink some wine.

No comments: