Thursday, April 11, 2019

A2 10-11/4/19

Would you like to come to the cinema?
Would you like to invite our friends?

Do you like going to the cinema?

p. 64
steak /steɪk/ - filete
stick /stɪk/ - palo

I’d /aɪd/   
the short form of ‘I would’
- I’d like a pizza, please.

There is a coffee / an apple… (sing. Count.)
There are some cakes / fruits / coffees / pieces of toast (Plu. Count)
There is some cake / fruit / coffee / toast (unc.)

GRAMMAR: Countable or uncountable?
• Fruit is usually uncountable:
I love fruit.
Don’t say: I love fruits.
• Fruit is used as a countable noun when talking about particular types of fruit:
- They grow mainly citrus fruits.

Sore throat

p. 64
I like donuts.
I’d like a donut.
p 65
on‧ion /ˈʌnjən/
re‧ci‧pe /ˈresəpi/ ●●● S3 noun   
1 [countable] instructions for cooking

HERBS:
Parsley/ˈpɑːsli/- perejil
Thyme /taim/- tomillo
Dill- eneldo
Bay /bei/ leaves- laurel
Rosemary/ˈrəʊzməri/ - romero
Oregano  /əˈreɡənoʊ/
Sage/seɪdʒ/- salvia
Basil/ˈbeɪzəl/- albahaca
marjoram /ˈmɑːdʒərəm/ mejorana
Peppermint- hierbabuena

I have a lot of potatoes / whiskey.
I don’t have many potatoes / much whiskey.
How many potatoes do you have?
How much Whiskey do you have?
Do you have many potatoes?
Do you have much Whiskey?

There was a lot of beer.
I drank a lot.
There were a lot of people.
I talked a lot.

-We have 3 potatoes.
- Buy three big ones (potatoes) more.

The shopping list

Homework: P. 65 (practice), ex. 1, 2 and 3 & writing activity (->p. 112).

Adverbs: (p. 60)
He is a careful (adj)-> driver (n).
He drives (v) <-careful span="" style="background: yellow; mso-highlight: yellow;">ly (adv).
He is a fast (adj) -> driver (n).
He drives (v) <-fast adv="" o:p="">


He works hard (trabaja duro)
He hardly works (apenas trabaja)
Good (adj) ->well (adv)
He is a good driver.
He drives well.

I know somebody in the city.
I don’t know anybody in the city.
Do you know anybody in the city?

Somebody = someone

There’s something under the car.
There isn’t anything under the car.
Is there anything under the car?

Somewhere – anywhere

Everyone – everybody – everything - everywhere…
I like everything in this shop.
I see her everywhere.

Nothing – no one – nobody – nowhere.
I know nobody.

I like anything (en afirmativa-> cualquier cosa)

Todas estas partículas se conjugan en tercera persona del singular:
Everybody likes her.
Nobody lives here.


Big quantity: A lot of – many – much

I have a lot of exams. (count)
I don’t have many exams.
Do you have many exams?
How many exams do you have?

I have a lot of free time. (unc)
I don’t have much free time.
Do you have much free time?
How much free time do you have?

Normal quantity: Some – any

I have some exams.
I don’t have any exams.
I don’t have no exams.
Do you have any exams?
Would you like to have some exams?

I have some free time.
I don’t have any free time.
Do you have any free time?



No comments: