Wednesday, March 27, 2019

B2.2 27/3/19

p. 83
Pablo, who went for dinner with me last night, is a new colleague.
The job (which / that) Max got was a pleasant surprise.
The company (which is) owned by Olivetti was started by his family in 1934.
The man (who was) sitting next to me was a famous tennis player.
I totally forgot a lecture (which) I was invited to last Saturday.
I was invited to a lecture last Saturday (which / that) I totally forgot about.
I was invited to a lecture last Saturday about which I totally forgot.

leave somebody/something ↔ behind phrasal verb
1 to not take someone or something with you when you leave a place
 I think I might have left my wallet behind.
I left the keys behind / at home.

equal /ˈiːkwəl/●●○ S3 W3 verb (equalled, equalling British English, equaled, equaling American English)   
1 [linking verb] to be exactly the same in size, number, or amount as something else
- Two plus two (=it) equals four.

Because I was (Being) so excited I decided to have some tea.
When I sat (Sitting) on the bench, I felt really cold.
The lady (who is) talking (present participle) on the phone is very intelligent.

(I was) moved by the film, I (and) decided to see it again.
(If it’s) designed by them, the result is spectacular.
All those comics (which are) written By Chris Ware are my favourite.

Mark parked the car and left to the restaurant.
Having parked the car, Mark left to the restaurant.

The lesson had been explained but there were still many questions.
Having been explained, there were still many questions in the lesson.

Homework: p. 86 grammar.

re‧tail /ˈriːteɪl/ ●○○ noun [uncountable]   
the sale of goods in shops to customers, for their own use and not for selling to anyone else → wholesale

They want you to loose track of time.

When I crossed the road, I was knocked down by a car. (Same subject-> Crossing the road…)
When I pushed the bottom, the lift moved. (Different subject-> Having pushed …)

If the weather permits it, we may drive to the beach. (Weather permitting… (con sujetos diferentes dejo el sujeto)

No comments: