Thursday, March 28, 2019

A2 26-27/3/19

Who did you see? (con sujeto se pone auxiliar)
Who saw the film? / who wants a piece of cake? (sin sujeto no se pone auxiliary y who actua de sujeto de la pregunta)
What did you buy?
What happened?

On (days) 23 August 1989 /Monday morning / Saturday…
In (months and years or the morning, afternoon, etc) August 1989 / 2005 / the morning / XXI C..
At (the time + night + Festivals (Christmas, Easter…)) half past four /night / the weekend
- four years ago

tan‧ge‧rine /ˌtændʒəˈriːn/ noun   
1 [countable] a small sweet fruit like an orange with a skin that comes off easily
clem‧en‧tine /ˈkleməntiːn, -taɪn/ noun [countable] British English   
a kind of small sweet orange

chick‧en /ˈtʃɪkɪn/ ●●● S2 noun   
1  Image of chicken [countable] a common farm bird that is kept for its meat and eggs → hen, cock, rooster, chick

Have a nice day

Bye
So long
See you (later / sometime / tomorrow)
Peace

who /huː/
how /haʊ/

p. 56, ex. 4
I got up at 7 o’clock.
Normally, in the week I get up at 7 o’clock, but at the weekends I get up at…
I had breakfast at … and I had one piece of fruit and one white coffee and toast with oil.
A black coffee

I arrived at work / school / the meeting…
I arrived in Murcia / NY / London / el Raal / Spain
I arrived to
I arrived (at school) at 4.30  / in the morning / four hours ago /

The USA / US / United States of America / United States / States


p. 58 – 59 (text)
IN the north / south / east / west
Whole – la totalidad: The whole day
A 37-year-old man
This man is 37 years old
On the morning of the 25th
On Monday morning
Rocket
Lift(ed) off – take (took) off ≠ land(ed)
One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind/ˌmænˈkaɪnd/.
Collect samples – muestras
Set up- instalar

Compass- brújula
Cliff- acantilado
Fog- niebla
Flag- bandera
Engine- motor

I’m a little foggy


FOR vs. DURING
Though the difference between for and during is significant and easy to learn, many people misuse them.

We use for when we are talking about the duration of something. We use during when we are giving extra information (something that we did or happened) within that time period.

My stay was for 3 days.

I studied a lot during my 3 day stay.

No comments: