Thursday, January 24, 2019

A2 23-24/1/19

clev‧er /ˈklevə $ -ər/ ●●● S2 adjective   
SYN intelligent, smart American English
p. 107
ex. 1
and I like your flat too
so please come and see it soon.
But unfortunately there isn’t a garden.
Because it’s very beautiful.

I like my house so I’m not going to buy a new flat.
I like my house because it has great views.
I like… and my parent’s house.
I like… because I love living in the centre.
… because it has very big rooms.
… but it’s very small.
… because it’s a quiet place.
… so I’m happy living here.
I like cooking so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
I like my house but the neighbourhood is very noisy.
sa‧vour‧y British English, savory American English /ˈseɪvəri/ adjective    
1 British English savoury food tastes of salt OPP sweet
 savoury party snacks
lie /laɪ/ ●●● S2 W1 verb (past tense lay /leɪ/, past participle lain /leɪn/, present participle lying, third person singular lies).   
to be flat on the floor, on a bed etc
I like lying in the sun.
Die-dying (morir)
Dye-dying (teñir)
lie ●●● S3 W3 verb (lied, lying, lies) [intransitive]   
1 to tell someone something that is not true
- I could see that she was lying.
lie to
- I would never lie to you.
lie about
- She lied about her age.

Ex. 3
com‧fort‧a‧ble /ˈkʌmftəbəl/
vege‧ta‧ble /ˈvedʒtəbəl/
but, because, so, because, but, so.
Is the flat convenient?
Is it near amenities?
It’s neither new nor old.
1500 (fifteen hundred) to 1800 (eighteen hundred)
There are two parks nearby and I can walk the dog there.
Ex. 4
So, but, and, because, and, so, but, because, but, so, but, because.

revise
Homework: p. 37, ex. 1, 2 and 5, and p. 42 reading activity, p. 42, ex. 2 and 3
at‧ri‧um /ˈeɪtriəm/ noun [countable]   
1 a large high open space in a tall building
aw‧ful /ˈɔːfəl/

evenly distributed

No comments: