Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A2 21-22/1/19

thenakedeye-fran.blogspot.com
p. 32
Shelf-> shelves
Wife-> wives
Leaf-> leaves
Knife->knives
fab‧u‧lous /ˈfæbjələs/
ˈtrench coat noun [countable]   
a long raincoat with a belt
this /ðɪs/these /ðiːz/
that /ðæt/ those /ðəʊz /
p.33
di‧a‧ry /ˈdaɪəri $ ˈdaɪri/ ●●○ S3 noun (plural diaries) [countable]   
1 a book in which you write down the things that happen to you each day SYN journal
 Inge kept a diary (=wrote in a diary) during the war years.
diary entry (=what you have written for a particular day)
2 especially British English a book with separate spaces for each day of the year, in which you write down the meetings, events etc that are planned for each day SYN calendar American English
 Did you put the meeting date in your diary?

SOME->For affirmative sentences in the plural (countable nouns) or with uncountable nouns
I have some apples. (countable)
I have some time. (uncountable)

ANY-> For negative and interrogative sentences in the plural (countable nouns) or with uncountable nouns.
I don’t have any apples. (countable)
I don’t have any time (uncountable)
Do you have any apples?
Do you have any time?

A-> With singular countable nouns.
I have a new book
Do you have a new book?
I don’t have a new book.
I don’t have a time (unc)
A piece of toast / furniture

I have an apple
I have some / a lot of apples (countable)
I have some/ a lot of sugar (unc)

I don’t have an apple
I don’t have any/ many apples
I don’t have any/ much sugar

Do you have an apple?
Do you have any/ many apples?
Do you have any/ much sugar?

I have a blue pen and a red one (=pen)
Appointment ≠ date
ˈlip balm noun [countable, uncountable]   
a substance used to protect dry lips

What’s in your bag/ pocket?
Do you have a pen?
Yes, I have a pen. / Yes, I do
No, I don’t have a pen. / No, I don’t
Is there a pen?
Yes, there is (a pen).
No, there isn’t (a pen).
Do you have any coins/money?
Yes, I have some coins / money.
No, I don’t have any coins / money.
Are there any coins/money?
Yes, there are some coins /is some money.
No, there aren’t any coins /isn’t any money.
How much money (unc) do you have?
How many people (count) do you know?
It depends, between 50 and 60 Euros.
Approximately
The meter counts the time and the kilometres and marks the price.

Ex. 6
I have a lot of books
I have a lot books
I like her a lot.
I like her a lot of.

Chest of drawers


p. 107 writing activity

No comments: