Tuesday, December 04, 2018

A2 3-4/11/18

I work / exercise / study / read <-a lot.="" o:p="">
We buy a lot of -> apples / sugar / bananas / technology / books…

An umbrella
BUT
A uniform /ˈjuːnəfɔːm/ 

p. 23
Frequency adverbs:
They normally go between the subject and the verb.
-Susana (S) never plays (V) football.
-Antonio (S) always drives (V) to work.
With the verb to be they go after the verb.
-Julia is (to be) always busy.
Some can be at the beginning or the end of the sentence.
Sometimes Mirtha goes shopping.
Usually Paco goes to work in his motorbike.

I never go shopping on Saturday.
I don’t go shopping on Saturday.
I don’t never go shopping.<-it a="" double="" negation="" o:p="" s="">

Identify

Whose - > possession
Whose car is this? Whose is this car?

Bless you (God bless you)
Going to
Will - won’t
I’ll – I won’t
Would - wouldn’t
I’d – I wouldn’t
I like tea
I’d (<-would a="" cup="" like="" o:p="" of="" tea.="">

p. 24

Do you – does he / she (pronunciation)

★ FINAL PREPOSITIONS IN QUESTIONS ★
(1) When a question word is the object of a preposition, the preposition usually comes at the end of the clause, especially in an informal style. That is why we often put a preposition (WITH, AT, FOR, etc.) at the end of a question with WHO...? or WHAT...?, especially in spoken English.
Examples:
a. Who did you go WITH? (more natural than "With whom did you go?")
b. Who is that letter FOR?
c. What are you looking AT?
d. What is she talking ABOUT?

(2) We also ask questions with Where ... FROM? and Where ... TO?
Examples:
a. Where do you come FROM? (or Where are you FROM?)
b. Where will I send this letter TO?

(3) In conversation, we often ask short questions with Who / What / Where + preposition.
Examples:
A: I'm going camping.
B: Who WITH?
A: Peter wants to talk to you.
B: To me? What ABOUT?

(4) Prepositions also come at the end of clauses in indirect WH-questions and WHAT-clauses which are not "real" questions.
Please tell them what you are looking FOR.

★ MORE GENERAL EXAMPLES ★
-- What are you looking FOR?
-- Who did Anne send the money TO?
-- Where is your wife FROM?
-- What's your book ABOUT?
-- Who are you in love WITH now?
-- What are you all waiting FOR?
-- Who did you give your cell number TO?

Who are you talking to/with?
I’m talking to/with you
Talk to/with me

E‧gypt /ˈiːdʒɪpt/

Equipment for shopping centres

bus‧y /ˈbɪzi/ ●●● S1 W2 adjective (comparative busiersuperlative  busiest)    
1 PERSON if you are busy, you are working hard and have a lot of things to do 
She’s busy now – can you phone later?

Homework: vocabulary, p. 24, ex 1 and 2.

frnssn@gmail.com

thenakedeye-fran.blogspot.com

No comments: